Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

A Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Couple Questions

I have a 1998 trans am with a vortech running roughly 6-7psi and an inline racetronix pump along with the hotwire kit and 60lb siemens injectors. Under boost from 4500rpm up my fuel pressure drops to 50-52psi from being at 60 at startup. I already replaced the fuel filter and was wondering if I put a Walbro GSS340 in the tank if that would be enough to fix the issue or not.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First,
Where did you get a Racetronix inline pump? Do you mean a pump provided with the supercharger kit?

The inline does little for you & your car would work better with an intank pump & no inline. You need to post the part # shown on the inline pump as it may not flow what you think it does.

At 470rwhp, you should not have any problems with a good intank setup.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

sorry it isn't a racetronix its a T-rex external fuel pump wired with a painless wiring harness. I got underneath the car and didn't see any numbers still on the inline. that was what was listed in the kit I got so im sure that is what it is. So you are saying I would be better off with a single GSS340 and no inline? I just don't want to get a single one drop the tank and put it in to find out later I should have got 2 intanks and been done with it. The hp and tq in my sig is before I swapped pullies to a little bit smaller one, changed lids, filter and injectors btw haven't had it redyno'd yet.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

A single intank will get you to about 550rwhp on your factory lines. Duals will give you room to grow and headroom to make more power later. Duals on the factory lines will do about 700-750rwhp without pressure drops. Give me or Lonnie a call We can set you up with what you need.

Nate