Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can someone tell me what these hoses are?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can someone tell me what these hoses are?

VERY noob questions - I'm fairly new to LS1's so I want to make sure. Please bear with me!

Engine is being pieced together and I plan on using the C5 Corvette FPR/Filter combo in an import.

[LEFT PICTURE] This line, the one with a green-capped schrader valve up towards the TB, is it a return line, or some sort of vapor line? Or what? What is the simplest (but safe) thing to do with it? This car will not need to pass emissions.

[RIGHT PICTURE] The line going into the drivers side fuel rail is the fuel supply inlet? I can plumb straight into this from the C5 filter, correct?

Thanks so much you guys!
Attached Thumbnails Can someone tell me what these hoses are?-1024091733.jpg   Can someone tell me what these hoses are?-1024091733a.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Banned

The left is the evap silinoid, it suckes the fumes out of the gas tank. If u unhook it your car will smeel like gas at every light. the right is your fuel pressure line
Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Launching!

So where should I route the evap so I don't have a fume problem?

Or what exactly should I do with it?

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

why do u want to git rid of it? and people are making it vent where the gas cap is
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

It hooks to the intake vacuum behind the TB.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Engine is being pieced together and I plan on using the C5 Corvette FPR/Filter combo in an import. That is correct I have a complete kit with all the fittings to make this work.

[LEFT PICTURE] This line, the one with a green-capped schrader valve up towards the TB, is it a return line, or some sort of vapor line? Or what? What is the simplest (but safe) thing to do with it? If you are not venting your tank to it than it can be removed and plug the vacuum line out of the intake.
[RIGHT PICTURE] The line going into the drivers side fuel rail is the fuel supply inlet? I can plumb straight into this from the C5 filter, correct? Yes

Nate
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Launching!

devilssled and Nate, thanks for the help.

So if I take the evap line out of the IM and plug it, will I get the fume problem that I've seen mentioned or will it have any (other) adverse consequences?