Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Where oh where to mount my y-block?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where oh where to mount my y-block?

OK guys I have a Vic Jr setup. I am running an Aeromotive Pro Series EFI regulator and will be mounting it in the front of the driver side rail with the other port to the pass side rail. I also have their y-block with the square mounting pad so it's a little bulky. Before I had it setup I ordered several fittings based on how I wanted to do it thinking it would be ok. Now that I've got it put together there's not enough space in the back for y block and the angles are gonna be too crazy for the 90* hose ends. I can get some 180* hose ends but that's $50 for two fittings (!). I've looked for pics but nothing I can see on y block mounting. Would like to use the hose ends I have--which is an assortment of 90*'s and straight ones.

Last edited by dhdenney; 12-15-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

C'mon people. Getting responses around here is damn near impossible it seems. Where are some places to mount these things? I've spent at least a couple hours just standing there looking at my engine bay and can't figure anything out that I like.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

mounting a y-block? I just let mine hang. Goes to each rail in the rear.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Umm I'm not a big fan of that but at least your responded! I saw a guy that had a Vic Jr and he had the same y block as you and he had it laid in the back under the manifold. Mine's a wee bit bulky for that--that and I'd still have to get the expensive fittings. Also did you have to get a hose end with a 3/8 npt on the end instead of the swivel for the passenger side rail? With the smokinhawk bracket there's no room for a fitting and swivel hose end.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

pass side has a straight AN fitting in and then the hose has a 45 degree swivel elbow.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I've spent enough time down in the garage today that I think I have a solution. I have enough parts to send back to almost pay for my expensive *** fittings. I'm gonna put 180's on the back running forward to two 90's into the y block with the single feed coming in the back under the manifold.