Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

91 camaro No power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 91 camaro No power to fuel pump

Hello Everyone, so i was driving my 91 camaro and the car just died out of the blue so i go to start and it wont turn over i tested the relays and the fuel pump fuse and their ok i think but i still dont hear the pump PRIME , unless i jump the pump from the relay, that is the only time i hear it. I cant find the oil pressure sending unit ??? can someone tell me where that is????/ any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

it wont start or wont run? So the starter is working but the car wont run? the oil psi switch is a back up fuel pump switch if the relay fails. is it a V8? So if u jumper the relay your car will run? The security light isnt flashing or stays on is it? If so the antitheft is active..you need to fix the key switch.
You need a test light or volt meter.
1. run a fused jumper wire from the battery to the dark green wire on the relay. It should click and turn the pump on. If it does then your not getting the signal from the computer.(could be the antitheft)
to double check it
2.(remove jumper) check power to the same wire on the relay with some one cranking them car. when you turn the key on it should have power for 2 seconds and then go off. with someone trying to crank the car it should light up the test light.

If it is the antitheft the most common problem is the two small wires broke in the column that comes out of the key switch.

heres a diagram of a 88 Iroc (should be pretty close to urs) http://www.austinthirdgen.org/mkport...ine_wiring.gif

Let me know
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM

it wont run , the starter is fine and i swapped the relays and they both work it is a v8 5.0 and when i jump the pu p with the relays and wire the car still wont run
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Default no pwer to fuel pump

I put more gas in the car and now when i start it with the jumper wire it starts up but when i remove it their is still no power going to the pump so the car shuts off any suggestions?? thanks
Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

u need to find out the reason the relays are not clicking to send power to the pump. Is the security light ON or flashing in the dash?

Find the wire that goes from the pcm to relay to activate the relay(make it click) dark green/white on the relay. with the relay hook up send 12 volt to that wire(hook ur test light to postive on the battery to send 12 volts). The wire should be number 85 or 86 position on the relay. if it clicks and ur car (pump) runs then u need to found out why the pcm is not turning the pump on.

let me know
Jeff

Quick Reply: 91 camaro No power to fuel pump