Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Is my Racetronix intank fuel system enough to run a D1SC race kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my Racetronix intank fuel system enough to run a D1SC race kit?

I've been kicking around a few different combo's for a while now and decided instead of building a bigger cubic inch motor. I would just put forged internals in my motor and put on a D1SC procharger race kit on the car. I have a racetronix walbro 255 intank kit on the car wired directly to the alternator. If I put on a D1SC Procharger kit on the car with my current setup will I have to upgrade the fuel system? I understand that I am going to have to put bigger injectors in but is this fuel system enough. As of right now I am looking at throwing this D1SC kit on and get around 600-650rwhp out of the car. Here is a list of my mods. Please let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks

2002 Z28 Camaro A4 with Trickflow 215cc heads milled to 62cc, Harland sharp shaft roller rockers 1.7 ratio, 232/236-646/612-114LSA cam, FMS chrome-moly hardened 5/16" push rods 7.500", ARP hex head bolts, FMS ported oil pump, LS6-2 timing chain, 30lb SVO injectors, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Lid, K&N drop in, Hooker longtubes, custom true duals with Magna pack mufflers, PTC 4400 Stall converter, built 4L60E, Strange 12bolt with 4.11 gears, Billet Specialties light weight rims 15X10 in the rear and 15X3.5 in the front, 28" tall Hoosiers in the rear, ported fast 90mm, NW TB, Custom Racetronix / Walbro 255 pump and dyno tuned by Allan Futral.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

I'm looking at your parts and notice that Futral did your tuning and has a lot of influence in your build....Just go there and get the right answer and not get a bunch of mixed ones from here....
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll definately need more than one fuel pump for the power your wanting. That's not a mixed answer, just a fact. Lol
Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah my car ran out of fuel with that pump at 8psi and around 580rwhp. I would definitely hook up another Walbro in the tank off a hobbs switch.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Yeah my car ran out of fuel with that pump at 8psi and around 580rwhp. I would definitely hook up another Walbro in the tank off a hobbs switch.
So there is a kit I can connect to this one to make it work? I did a search and couldn't find just another pump with the hobbs switch. All I found was the full double pump kit.

Last edited by odarabla; 03-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by odarabla
I've been kicking around a few different combo's for a while now and decided instead of building a bigger cubic inch motor. I would just put forged internals in my motor and put on a D1SC procharger race kit on the car. I have a racetronix walbro 255 intank kit on the car wired directly to the alternator. If I put on a D1SC Procharger kit on the car with my current setup will I have to upgrade the fuel system? I understand that I am going to have to put bigger injectors in but is this fuel system enough. As of right now I am looking at throwing this D1SC kit on and get around 600-650rwhp out of the car. Here is a list of my mods. Please let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks

2002 Z28 Camaro A4 with Trickflow 215cc heads milled to 62cc, Harland sharp shaft roller rockers 1.7 ratio, 232/236-646/612-114LSA cam, FMS chrome-moly hardened 5/16" push rods 7.500", ARP hex head bolts, FMS ported oil pump, LS6-2 timing chain, 30lb SVO injectors, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Lid, K&N drop in, Hooker longtubes, custom true duals with Magna pack mufflers, PTC 4400 Stall converter, built 4L60E, Strange 12bolt with 4.11 gears, Billet Specialties light weight rims 15X10 in the rear and 15X3.5 in the front, 28" tall Hoosiers in the rear, ported fast 90mm, NW TB, Custom Racetronix / Walbro 255 pump and dyno tuned by Allan Futral.
There are a ton of threads on this issue so you might want to do a search and read the threads about the various options available.

The link below is what Racetronix has to say about max rwhp with a single Racetronix kit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...nix-setup.html

You might want to talk to Lonnie (a vendor on this site) too for his opinion. EPP has also installed many systems with a huge knowledgebase about what works and doesn't.

NOTE: Don't get talked into 42lb injectors - you will need at least 60 lb'rs.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
8 Second Club

dual 255s and 60lb injectors will do the job
Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
There are a ton of threads on this issue so you might want to do a search and read the threads about the various options available.

The link below is what Racetronix has to say about max rwhp with a single Racetronix kit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...nix-setup.html

You might want to talk to Lonnie (a vendor on this site) too for his opinion. EPP has also installed many systems with a huge knowledgebase about what works and doesn't.

NOTE: Don't get talked into 42lb injectors - you will need at least 60 lb'rs.

Thanks man, I did a search but there isn't much info out there for procharged kits. I read a few things. I also went and checked out racetronix website to see what the pump I have can handle. I will be sending some e-mails out tomorrow and hopefully one of these guys from EPP or Lonnie will chime in and give a helping hand. Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odarabla
Thanks man, I did a search but there isn't much info out there for procharged kits. I read a few things. I also went and checked out racetronix website to see what the pump I have can handle. I will be sending some e-mails out tomorrow and hopefully one of these guys from EPP or Lonnie will chime in and give a helping hand. Thanks again.
I agree with the post above, I would add a second Walbro 255 pump to your existing Racetronix pump. The easiest way to do it is to band the two pumps together and use a plumbing T to connect the pumps together. We have never had a problem with running both pumps full time without a Hobbs switch with these pumps. A Hobbs switch is one more component that can fail, and could cause the air/fuel to go lean.
60 lb injectors are what I would go with too. Check out this link to our complete system. http://www.eppautomotiveperformance.....html?item=798 Bob
Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

A single in-tank pump will not properly support your stated HP level.

It would be a good idea to call Lonnie's Performance. Lonnie can advise you on how to upgrade your system.

Running both pumps all the time puts much more heat into the fuel system, adds another 10+ amps of electrical load, creates pressure rise and puts unnecessary wear on the secondary pump.

The industrial quality Honeywell / Hobbs pressure switches are hermetically sealed. We have sold well over a thousand DP systems using Hobbs brand switches and have yet to have one fail.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by EPP Automotive Performance
I agree with the post above, I would add a second Walbro 255 pump to your existing Racetronix pump. The easiest way to do it is to band the two pumps together and use a plumbing T to connect the pumps together. We have never had a problem with running both pumps full time without a Hobbs switch with these pumps. A Hobbs switch is one more component that can fail, and could cause the air/fuel to go lean.
60 lb injectors are what I would go with too. Check out this link to our complete system. http://www.eppautomotiveperformance.....html?item=798 Bob
I will be getting with you soon about a D1SC jit for my car. Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 08:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many factors to consider when designing your fuel system. Strapping on another pump without proper supporting components may not be your best option.

I now have over 1000 dual pump kits in circulation & can provide the proper components for long term reliability. All components are original equipment quailty products from Racetronix for trouble free operation.

Feel free to give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 03-22-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
There are many factors to consider when designing your fuel system. Strapping on another pump without proper supporting components may not be your best option.

I now have over 1000 dual pump kits in circulation & can provide the proper components for long term reliability. All components are original equipment quailty products from Racetronix for trouble free operation.

Feel free to give me a call if I can be of assistance.
And I'm looking forward to getting #1001
Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just give me a call whenever you are ready.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just give me a call whenever you are ready.
Haha, called you last week and just finished paying you. Hopefully the unit is shipped.
-Curt
Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LOL...
Didn't recognize you by your screen name.

It is on its way.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL...
Didn't recognize you by your screen name.

It is on its way.
Got it. Now the fun starts.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Give me a call if you need any help.