Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can't figure out this fuel system problem....NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can't figure out this fuel system problem....NEED HELP

ok i have an 02 z28 with about 138,xxx miles, recently it has started acting up after starting the car. For instance, i will go to leave my house and go through roughly 2/3 stops and then it will start idling rough, when i go to take off it feels really sluggish like it's bogging down but then after a few taps on the gas pedal it goes back to normal and won't do it again until the next time i start it and then it happens all over again. i figured if it was a coil, wire, or plug it would be doing it consistently. i have already changed the fuel filter and ran lucas fuel system cleaner but the problem is still there.

does anyone have any input or suggestions on what i need to check next?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Do a full tuneup, clean the maf and change the o2 sensors.. should take care of it..
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I would like to find the source of the problem before i do a full tune up so that i know it will fix the problem.

i have longtubes...i've heard the corvette o2 sensors will work without having to get the extensions. is this true? if so could someone provide me with a part number or site please

as for the MAF, i would just use basic MAF cleaner correct?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

To rule out a fuel system issue, place a gauge where you can see it as you drive. If your pressure stays the same when it acts up you know it's not fuel related.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02_Z28_G
I would like to find the source of the problem before i do a full tune up so that i know it will fix the problem.

i have longtubes...i've heard the corvette o2 sensors will work without having to get the extensions. is this true? if so could someone provide me with a part number or site please

as for the MAF, i would just use basic MAF cleaner correct?
bosch 13111, check fuel pressure, scan for codes, if none and fuel pressure is good, tuneup is required, its got a lot of miles not to have a good tune up.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

ok everyone well thanks for the info and hopefully this weekend i'll be able to get a few things checked out and figure out what the problems is. i shall update sometime this weekend.

but by all means if anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to let me know