Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Removing Fuel lines at the Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Removing Fuel lines at the Pump?

am i missing something? how exactly do you unsnap these fuel lines at the pump? ive cut the trapdoor, and cannot for the life of me unsnap these lines. any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Squeeze the plastic retainer clip at the end of the line together and pull. Should be all there is to it. I know that there on there pretty tight so you might need to multi task and squeeze with one hand and pry at it with the other with pliers or a screwdriver or something.

I have a real small pair of vice grip pliers that I can lock onto the clip to keep it open and then use both hands to pull at it with. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally got it, thanks for the advice. I bought one the disconnect tools from advance and STILL had to fight with it. It was mainly because I didn't drop the tank and did the trap door. If I had been able to do it the right way, it wouldn't have been as hard with all that room to work with. I ended up still cheating and snapping off the attachments for the lines at the pumpso I could pull them out and have some room. So it worked out in the end.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out. Nobody EVER replies on the fueling section of this board! It sucks, haha. I've had a few questions that I never got answered here.