Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Acceleronics box-which location did you wire the injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Acceleronics box-which location did you wire the injectors?

I've installed the 95 pounders and I'm getting ready to interface the box between the PCM and the injectors. Looking at the possibilities, it would be more tidy in an already cluttered engine compartment to cut the wires to the injectors near the PCM. However, in LJ's instructions he refers to the wiring gauge of his harness(16ga) versus the stock injector wiring in relation to the benefit of the larger wire on the performance of the injectors. Just wondering what you good people did and the resulting performance.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-12-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I ended up adding the 16ga wire and wired the boxes leads right at the injectors.

Fired up on the first crank. Idles smoothly. After monitoring the gauges for a few minutes, I went back into the house, got my Drivers License and then walked back out to take her for a drive. Woot! The lean stumble I had with the 3 yr old 60# Mototrons is gone. Runs right at 14.5 to 14.7 A/F ratio at cruise. I went up to 13.9 psi about 3 times and the A/F ratio was 12.2 so all is well. Outstanding news for me.