Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump/relay/other

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump/relay/other

My 93 Trans Am is giving me problems at random. It will be fine while I am going back and forth for work from Tulsa To Oklahoma City (about once a week) which is about an hour and a half drive. But when it has been warmer the past few days when off the highway it will stumble several times usually when I come to a stop at idle, and then it dies. It restarts and repeats the stumble and dies. If I let it sit an hour or two it restarts like nothing happened. I also noticed when it gets close to doing this I can hear the fuel pump, but I have only had this car two weeks so this may be normal? At one time I took the gas cap off and it caused the car to start this after i was hearing the fuel pump and it was hot. So initially I thought fuel pressure regulator but there is no gas on the vacuum side. I can hear the fuel pump whine even as it dies which leads me to think it is working. So over 400+miles in about two weeks it has done this four times but never on a long trip. Any ideas
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pump is prob. getting hot and fixing to take its own life. I think mine is doin the same thing...

ps im in muskogee not far from ya.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just weird because so far it has only happened in Tulsa. I can drive to OKC no prob...I can drive to work back and forth there for days, no prob. Go to Tulsa and it happens, that's part of the "random" because it doesn't happen for the most part its only happening on my two days off per week in T-town. And I'm actually driving less than normal when I'm in Tulsa.