Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive madness!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive madness!!!

i got a aero 340 came with a cut of hose two hose fastners, new sock, and a new power plug. but when i went to swap it out after trap door mod nothing matched up at all! i had to make things work really really work, my biggest problem- there is a brown tube that runs from the bottom of the bucket to the top of the stock fuel pump. the 340 doesnt have this outlet???? so how do i wrap up this problem??? i have a pic but dont know how to upload it
Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Go wildcats!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The tube operates the jet pump in the bottom of the bucket. The pump keeps the bucket full so the pump does not run out of fuel. If you had purchased The pump from a vendor who supports these forums you would have received the correct pump for the application.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

there is absolutely nothing wrong with your aeromotive pump. they are ALL universal pumps designed for high HP applications. its not a stock replacement pump. modification is necessary. You have to modify the fuel bucket and remove the jet siphon system (brownish clear hose).

do a search on here and you can find out what you need to do. where did you buy it?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
The tube operates the jet pump in the bottom of the bucket. The pump keeps the bucket full so the pump does not run out of fuel. If you had purchased The pump from a vendor who supports these forums you would have received the correct pump for the application.
Uhhhhhh, Aeromotive actually sponsors this entire fuel injection forum on LS1 tech. You do not hear them chime in on posts anymore though, not sure why exactly....
Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

You can run without the jet pump function, however, make swiss cheese of the reservoir bucket so fuel can get to the pump without restriction and you shouldn't run under 1/4 tank at any time
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im 95% sure that a new number pump is to be released soon, I saw it at PRI in December. I believe it was 11143 and it is supposed to be Camaro/Firebird specific.

Mike
Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

i found the the thread and made swiss cheese of the bucket and got it all hooked up a lot quieter than the stock pump funny how that works lol but not hard at all to do really did away with the stock stuff but i would like to keep the original design just for safety look into it down the road