Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Vent Connection

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pump Vent Connection

I am installing a fuel pump from a 2001 Trans Am into a new stainless steel tank. I know that one of the connections is the feed and one in the return. Is the smaller connection in the center a vent? Can I just run a vent line to that connection or do I have to provide a vent for the tank? Someone told me I should use a vented gas cap.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Launching!

If you are talking about the pump itself the very small fitting is for the factory venturi system. With your application it sounds like you just want to cap it off.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

The middle port coming off the top of the fuel module assembly is indeed a vent port, you can see a light blue 'ROV' Roll Over Valve installed underneath it. The ROV is a float mechanism that remains open, providing a vent, unless you roll over the car, or your tank is completely full and sloshing up closing the float. This port can be T'd into the main vent line and then routed to a carbon canister and then to atmosphere, or back up through the filler tube, whichever way your new stainless tank is being vented.