Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Corvette FPR fuel pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette FPR fuel pressure question

Hi, i am looking to solve a fuel pressure problem on my LS swapped BMW track car....

I noticed that after priming, the fuel pressure is going down pretty quickly, like when you count, 1 ,2,3 ,4 etc....slowly to zero

I also had a fuel smell that seemed to come from the engine bay so i tought about maybe a leaky fuel injector.

So i disconnected my fuel rail and plugged the system after the fuel pressure gauge, that is right after my corvette FPR.

With the fuel rail disconnected, my system is holding 60 psi when priming but when the pumps stop, it holds 52 psi, but it can hold it for a long time before dropping a single PSI....So i think i have nailed it, leaky injector.

My question is, is it normal for my corvette FPR to hold only 52 PSI instead of 58 when the car is not running?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by E36L33
Hi, i am looking to solve a fuel pressure problem on my LS swapped BMW track car....

I noticed that after priming, the fuel pressure is going down pretty quickly, like when you count, 1 ,2,3 ,4 etc....slowly to zero

I also had a fuel smell that seemed to come from the engine bay so i tought about maybe a leaky fuel injector.

So i disconnected my fuel rail and plugged the system after the fuel pressure gauge, that is right after my corvette FPR.

With the fuel rail disconnected, my system is holding 60 psi when priming but when the pumps stop, it holds 52 psi, but it can hold it for a long time before dropping a single PSI....So i think i have nailed it, leaky injector.

My question is, is it normal for my corvette FPR to hold only 52 PSI instead of 58 when the car is not running?

Thanks!
Mine says 50 psi even after a fresh fuel pump and new vette filter/regulator. Priming and running
Old 08-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

My question is, why does it matter how much fuel pressure you have when the car is not running?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeNova
My question is, why does it matter how much fuel pressure you have when the car is not running?
I have a fuel pressure drop at WOT on track, wondering if this is related

Or if it was my leaky injector alone that was causing the drop....
Old 08-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Teching In

I have 68 psi with motor running. Is that what is causing me to run rich to the point it wont idle?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If the car wasn't tuned at 68psi it could certainly make a difference. The higher the pressure the more fuel its going to be moving.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324

Quick Reply: Corvette FPR fuel pressure question