Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

AC Delco fuel pump or other ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Delco fuel pump or other ?

Okay guys, I have a low fuel pressure issue on my LT1. I've done alot of reading, and called a guy specializing in F-body parts, at TransAm Creations. The conversation concluded with him stating the AC Delco fuel pump is by far the best option for any F-body thats stock/OEM, due to the hoses are the correct material, and dont degrade due to ethanol in the gas we all buy, even at small percentages, that eats the material to a point of fatigue or collapse of tube/ hose walls, etc., causing fuel pressure/ feed issue. I do know I presently have a Walbro fuel pump. So, with that said, are the aftermarket Fuel pumps good enough or what ?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Racetronix offers the correct OEM in tank hose.
http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

The only aftermarket fuel pumps that should be considered for a stock vehicle are from the OEM manufacturers: Delphi, Denso, Bosch, TI Automotive/Walbro and Continental/VDO are the main players; much better quality than you will find from anyone else. AC Delco will basically be one of these in their box unless it has been out of production for 20+ years, then it will be anything AC Delco can get; AC Delco doesn't make fuel pumps

Quick Reply: AC Delco fuel pump or other ?