Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No noise from fuel pump- now car won't start.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No noise from fuel pump- now car won't start.

Drove the car a few days ago. Everything was fine. Car has been sitting in the garage ever since. Went to start it up tonight now the car won't turn over. It started for like two seconds and now nothing. I can usually hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on. Now there is nothing. Is this how fuel pumps usually die? Fwiw the pump is a walbro 255l in tank. Just think its odd how the car was fine and now nothing. I am guessing the only reason the car started the first time is because the car was sucking up the last of the fuel in the lines. checked fuses under hood and switched the fuel pump relay switch with my ac relay. Still no fix. Any ideas fellas?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

A pressure check may help determine the cause???
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pushed on pressure test valve with key on and no fuel. Checked all connections in the back. All are good. A buddy told me to bang on the bottom of the tank with a hammer and see what happens. Sure enough the car started. Now it wont start again. I'm about to say to hell with it and buy the sumped fuel system from nasty performance. I refuse to cut the access panel in my hatch.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Yes they usually go rather quickly and if you can jar it to start and then nothing it's dead. We can get you replacement pump or like you said the sumped system if you need something better. Give me a call I will get you setup with what you need.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's pretty much the sum of things. Unfortunately for me in this particular case I am getting married in October and the fiancé loves spending money on the wedding. Now I know what it feels like to be in her shoes when I spend money on the car. So the fuel system will have to wait for awhile.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

That's what happened to me.Had to replace my 255walb They had a problem with them 2-3 years ago.When did you get yours.I have a new one and NP runs and starts great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No noise from fuel pump- now car won't start.