Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock Fuel injectors after H/C

Old 08-18-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Stock Fuel injectors after H/C

Hey guys, I recently installed heads and cam on my car and when I went to get my car tuned and the tuner said I would not need to upgrade my injectors. (I brought FAST 36lb with me for him to install, and he said I wouldn't need them). My concern is now the car is running really bad, I have a flashing check engine light that comes intermittently, the car surges very bad between 1500-2000rpm. And after 2krpm when you give it any gas it is very jerky. I have checked the plugs and wires and the grounds and they are all good. I was thinking that maybe my problem is that my stock injectors are maxed out at 100% and they are burnt up. Does anyone have input on this? I put down 428rwhp and I think thats probably to much for the stock injectors and they are the source of my problem. We already bought a new fuel pump thinking that was the problem but after looking into the injectors, we think this may be the problem. If anyone has any light to shine on this please help!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure about burned up or if the injector is your problem. I was out of town when my car got tuned. RPM called me and said I was at 405rwhp and the injectors were 105% duty cycle. So I had them put in the 36# injectors and all was fine.

Search this Thread