Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Throwing lean codes in bank 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing lean codes in bank 1 and 2

Ok so today my car threw those lean codes there is tons of stuff on here about running lean some i already was aware of and others not. I am literally not noticing any difference in power at all car has been running fine since intalling all the new parts about 1,500 miles ago. I'm starting to think its simply my pcm not being tuned properly to compensate for the amount of fuel being pumped into the motor now. Has anyone ran into this?

New:
walbro 255 lph fuel pump
LS6 intake
fast 42lb injectors
all new engine gaskets and sensors

I can not find any leaks, cleaned MAF and throttle body thinking maybe they were dirty. I haven't check fuel pressure yet but only because car isn't experiencing any loss of power or hesitation at all. Whats everyones thought on maybe the PCM needs retuned?
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Retuned... If for no other reason, than you changed to 42# injs.........
Data log it, and you will see areas that need attention.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it tuned to those injectors. I cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body. Pulled battery to reset code and changed air filter and code hasn't come on for 200 miles I think its fixed was probably dirty MAF which is what i've found in searches before i posted but code didn't clear for awhile and got a little worried. i think i'm going to have a dyno retune next spring anyways.

Quick Reply: Throwing lean codes in bank 1 and 2