Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

98 Racetronix Fuel pump and hotwire harness /w trap door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my pump is in the mail but I had my laptop in my garage and used this as a guide when I took a dremel to the car for the trapdoor, was spot on and after I lifted the flap I had just enough clearance around the entire assy. The L shape holds because if you follow his measurements the "hinge" ends right in the middle of a bracket of thicker metal that you don't cut through and it helps retain the entire metal cutouts shape, I stuck a c clamp on mine and kept it held back.

another thing to add however and this might just be me but I put a sandpaper flapper wheel on my dremel and buffed/smoothed the edges after cutting so when my hand slips on something I was putting torque on or loosening I wont cut my hand open on the jagged edge. After I was done I had nothing but smooth edges and a comfortable work enviroment
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (02-12-2020)
Old 01-16-2017, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
my pump is in the mail but I had my laptop in my garage and used this as a guide when I took a dremel to the car for the trapdoor, was spot on and after I lifted the flap I had just enough clearance around the entire assy. The L shape holds because if you follow his measurements the "hinge" ends right in the middle of a bracket of thicker metal that you don't cut through and it helps retain the entire metal cutouts shape, I stuck a c clamp on mine and kept it held back.

another thing to add however and this might just be me but I put a sandpaper flapper wheel on my dremel and buffed/smoothed the edges after cutting so when my hand slips on something I was putting torque on or loosening I wont cut my hand open on the jagged edge. After I was done I had nothing but smooth edges and a comfortable work enviroment
Glad i could help, and good call on the flapper wheel. I might do the same the next time im in there. Considering going the duel pump route soon.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for posting this, sir. Will be helpful to me now as well.
One of those things that makes me happy to be a member here.
JoshuaGrooms83 (02-12-2020)
Old 07-20-2019, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

No problem! I always enjoy contributing to the forum when I can. I plan on doing a 450 Walbro pump and remove the stock Fuel Pressure Regulator. I'm beginning the process of plumbing a true return and running a Boost Referenced FPR. I'll provide another wire up on that later. Racetronic pump has been running just fine, but new turbo build is making me move up in the world now lol.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 11-27-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Reviving this becuase I just got a kit with this pump. Everything pump wise is installed and wiring under the car. Plugging everything in and there is a longer wire that wants me to run to the front of the car. In this thread you're saying its not necessary? I've seen conflicting info about that needing to be run to the alternator and some info needing it to be ran to the battery. Got the entire kit from the WS6 Store and it was lacking instructions and can't seem to find instructions on Racetronix website.

Thanks.

EDIT my car is a 1998 and I know the years are different. Everything I find keeps referencing the 99+

Last edited by 1998 t/a; 05-19-2023 at 08:30 AM.
JoshuaGrooms83 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Answered my own question last night and this morning.

instead of tapping into the back of the alternator like it says, I tapped it to the positive post by the fuse boxes. Car fired right up. Tucking the wires and mounting everything permanently this evening.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1998 t/a:
JoshuaGrooms83 (05-23-2023), Ragged1 (05-30-2023)

Quick Reply: 98 Racetronix Fuel pump and hotwire harness /w trap door