Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Dual Walbro In Tank Users Please Step In

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Dual Walbro In Tank Users Please Step In

I'm looking to buy the dual Walbro with Hotwire kit from Show Me Speed. I'll be adding a nitrous plate kit (spraying a max of 200) to my current setup, which is in my signature. Currently making 440 rwhp. Is everything that comes with that kit all I will need? Does it work with stock regulator and fuel line and do they fit in the stock bucket? I want to go this route because it gives me more room to grow over a Racetronix fuel pump. I appreciate the help guys.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the kit comes with everything you need, however i made adjustments to the stock bucket by cutting two holes in the bottom so the pumps could stick out the bottom and allow more room to run the y block in the bucket. I would recommend removing the stock regulator and add a regulator or a switch to turn one on when spraying. Also by a metal y block instead of the plastic one so it will hold up longer. I would recommend a hotwire kit from them as well
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I'll run their Hotwire kit, as well as a Hobbs switch that turns on when I arm the system. If I do it that way, will I be OK with the stock regulator?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The Racetronix single pump and harness will support 550-600RWHP depending on the motor's BSFC without using a pump booster.

Adding more pump capacity to overcome the limitations of the factory in-tank regulator is putting the cart before the horse. No matter how much more pump volume you add there will always be pressure drop at the fuel rail. This is because the regulator in the tank cannot compensate for line pressure drop at the front of the car. It would be best to add a front-mount regulator and SS -6 Teflon return line to stabilize the fuel pressure before upgrading your pump. Some simple push-lock adapters and AN fittings will fix this problem. This will also give you the option of having your fuel pressure referenced to manifold pressure.

If you are decided on installing a DP we offer the widest range of components at very competitive prices. Our fueling components and wiring solutions are more complete and well designed thereby reducing the amount of work required for assembly while improving performance and reliability.

Here is a list of parts required for the in-tank solution:

Here are some power harness components. The pressure switch and connector are not needed for N/A applications:

, , , ,,

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 03-02-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

We have created a DP thread to specifically address questions about Racetronix DP components here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...omponents.html

Thanks!

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-10-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dual pumps for 600whp seems a bit overkill. A single Walbro 400 should handle 750whp and fit in the stock bucket with minimal modifications. They're also fairly cheap.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HexenLord
Dual pumps for 600whp seems a bit overkill. A single Walbro 400 should handle 750whp and fit in the stock bucket with minimal modifications. They're also fairly cheap.
Will that pump work with the stock fuel line and fuel regulator? Also, what Hotwire kit would I need to go with it?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe that it'll connect to factory line, and regulator is irrelevant.

I don't understand the constant fascination with hotwire kits. This pump will provide enough fuel at 12v for your goals, the extra 1.5v from a hotwire kit would just be overkill.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've just always heard a pump is only as good as the wiring that supplies the current, so if that's wrong then I apologize. I've always been told that the bigger pumps draw more current so a wiring upgrade is a must. Is this false info?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is true, but it depends on the pump design. Some pumps are able to flow more with less amperage.

Not sure what the stock pump flows and how many amps it draws. At 58 PSI of fuel pressure, the Walbro 400 is still flowing 320 GPH at running at 14 amps, which is the same amount of amps the Racetronix pump draws at 58 PSI. You'll probably need to upgrade your wiring as you would with the Racetronix pump. I'm not sure on the specifics of the hot wire kits and whats different between them so I can't tell you which one you need. I'm a DIYer so I would just buy some 8-gauge wire and replace it all myself.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just some info.

At 13.5v and 58 PSI, the Racetronix pump pulls 14 amps and flows ~285 LPH
At 12v and 58 PSI, the Walbro 400 pump pulls 14 amps and flows ~315 LPH
At 14v and 58 PSI, the Walbro 400 pump pulls 16 amps and flows ~368 LPH
Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks a bunch for the info. Any idea how many volts the stock pump pulls? Mine is working harder than it should which is why I need to upgrade. Just want to make sure I have more than enough pump for the future. Right now a 150 shot is on tap.

Quick Reply: Dual Walbro In Tank Users Please Step In