Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

08 Impala SS 5.3L LS4 swap. wiring questions. fuel. DBW

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Impala SS 5.3L LS4 swap. wiring questions. fuel. DBW

hey i work with XTC Motorsports in hart mi. we are currently working on putting a 5.3L into this long travel monster we created. unfortunately we are running into a few problems.
we had the harness sent out and re done for the project.

the wiring for the fuel system came back with wires to the relays. but nothing that goes to the fuel pump and pressure sensor itself. my thought would be to wire the ground to ground. and find the hot and tie it into the ECU to co respond with the pressure sensor and relay so itll kick on and off when needed and so forth... ? any input would be great.

i understand the stock fuel pump for the impala of this year is a 5V system. as is the Drive by wire system. as it sits now we cannot get the throttle body to open or close however we do have the petal hooked up right to our knowledge. we followed a quick trouble shoot online and i think its because the fuel pump is an open circuit would maybe explain why the DBW isnt operational ??
any help would be a huge help. im about to call in a favor at the dealership and pay 100 a hour.
ive attached pictures of the project thus far. its ready for wheels and a testdrive.
all the work done by XTC Motorsports HART MI. chassis tanks side panels you name it!

call text
mike brooks
Attached Thumbnails 08 Impala SS 5.3L LS4 swap. wiring questions. fuel. DBW-img_20140322_151957292.jpg   08 Impala SS 5.3L LS4 swap. wiring questions. fuel. DBW-img_20140322_152244051.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Microsquirt on my LS4 swap so I cant personally answer your questions but you can look up Fieroguru here on the forum or on pennocks fiero forum. He is a master on the LS4 wiring.

Quick Reply: 08 Impala SS 5.3L LS4 swap. wiring questions. fuel. DBW