Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

decisions decisions, need help and input

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decisions decisions, need help and input

Hi guys, this is my first post here, I have been researching and researching and I am finally tangling with my first ls motor. I am building a 5.3 truck motor and installing it in my tubbed out 67 Chevy II. I currently have the short block done, flat top pistons comp cams 281 cam. My heads are ported 5.3 heads with a little bigger valve job. My problem is with the injection set up, I know my truck intake will be like sucking through a straw for the motor (correct me if I am wrong please) There are so many options for intake, throttle body, injectors. I need some help to finish the top end up. This is not only my first ls but first injected motor as well so I am a little green. I was thinking of an aluminum intake because I am leaving the door open for a turbo and different heads later. Will I have to get a larger throttle body and what about the injectors??? My cam range will be i believe 2800 to 7200 rpm and a 3200 stall converter if that helps. All help and or criticism will be greatly appreciated (i hope)
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

on motor (no forced induction) some 32# or 36# injectors would do you great. A good compromise that would still run fine would be 42# injectors, but I don't advise to going larger. These would also run good on forced induction up to some good HP numbers.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard to build an engine for the future if it will include boost but it's a good way to get your feet wet
Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Well with building for the future, I guess I am beefing up the bottom end a bit using arp bolts and maybe the wrong cam for boost but just flat tops and at least I can put on some larger cc heads to drop compression......But this is only if this motor doesn't do what I want it to do, and I hope I am happy with it.
Thanks for the injector numbers, am I right by saying that the throttle body shoud be in the 90mm range? I only say this because I went to a conversion site and entered my top rpm range and motor size and I believe it said 92 or 93mm. But again, only having experience with carburated motors in the past, i don't want to make that assessment solely on what I read all the time. Trial and error is a great way to learn but can be expensive...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

I would like to kick the truck intake and do something different there too. There are a few intakes with the price I am comfortable with. I wish FAST intakes were just a little less. I may just put on an LS1 intake if I find one cheap. I will take some pics of the car I am toying with here shortly.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Teching In

decisions decisions, need help and input-img_20140404_100813.jpg

decisions decisions, need help and input-img_20140401_150137.jpg

decisions decisions, need help and input-img_20140409_115344.jpg

decisions decisions, need help and input-img_20140407_175926.jpg
Here is my chevy II that has been in storage for 13 years. I have the mock up motor in it still and soon will get the brakes on and take it to get some headers made before I put the rebuilt motor in.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Anybody else have any help? Anybody using aftermarket intakes and how they are working for them?

Quick Reply: decisions decisions, need help and input