Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New Magnafuel 4303 problem, suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Magnafuel 4303 problem, suggestions please

Hello. I purchased a new Magnafuel 4303 back in late January for a turbo car build I'm doing. I have it all hosed up with 10an feed line/filter and 8an outlet line/filter. I have a Racetronix hotwire kit powering it. A few days ago, I was finally ready to power it up and set the base fuel pressure, and every time the ECU would try to kick the fuel pump on, it would blow a fuse. Both 20A and 25A fuses. I've disconnected the power leads, and run separate fused power/grounds to a secondary 12V battery I had in the garage, and any time I try to power the pump, it blows that fuse too.

Being Friday night, I have to wait until Monday to see what Magnafuel recommends. And being around 90 days ago, I doubt the company I bought it from will return/exchange it. So my question is this. What do you think I can safely do without voiding any warranty on the pump? I'll be draining the fuel from the tank tomorrow and pulling the pump. I doubt it's a manufacturer defect, probably just something that got carried out of the new AN hose or filter (yes, I did blow them out after fitting assembly, but there's always a chance).
Can the pump be spun backwards momentarily to see if any debris gets dislodged, or do I need to take the head off? Is the head o-ringed or gasketed?

Thanks for any replies
Old 04-18-2015, 01:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is all o-ringed. Very simple to disassemble and reassemble. Pay attention to the inlet housing. It can be put on backwards and the pump won't flow.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for responding
I pulled the inlet housing cover, filler plate, and pump gears out and cleaned them really good. I didn't see what might have been jamming them up, but after re-assembly, they rotated good. I reinstalled and refilled the tank, and fired it up, and it worked! It does seem louder than my A1000 was, but I think that's a rubber insulator issue with the bolts too long.

Thanks again for your help
Old 04-19-2015, 01:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 4303 is louder than an a-1000 for sure. Glad you got it fixed up.

Quick Reply: New Magnafuel 4303 problem, suggestions please