Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel on top of intake. Car wouldn't start this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel on top of intake. Car wouldn't start this morning.

So a few days ago when putting power steering fluid in my car, I noticed there was a small puddle of fluid on top of my intake on my 98 M6 Z28. It was right around the first injector on the drivers side below the end of the fuel rail. I stuck my finger in it and its obviously fuel. The first thing I checked was how secure the cap on the end of the Schraeder valve was but it seemed tight. Over the next few days the puddle dried up.

Then today, the car did something it has never done before. It refused to start. The car was trying to turn over, it just wouldn't actually start running for a good 5 minutes. I went and hunted for my keys for my other car for about 5 minutes then came back down and tried again. Again for about 20 seconds, the car refused to start. Afterwards, it finally started and I drove it to work.

The car has an MS4 cam and gigantic intake port LS6 race heads and true dual exhaust so it is always INSANELY loud and sounds like its about to die at idle due to the very radical cam. But never in the 3 and a half months I've owned it has it pulled this refusal to start stunt. But this could have been an ongoing thing that is just now getting worse that I havent been able to detect since the car is a H/C/I car with an ungodly loud exhaust.

So whats the most likely problem here? Injector leak? They are Bosch 36#ers.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No one?

Can someone atleast tell me where I can purchase non fake single Bosche 36# injectors instead of entire sets? All I can find are either sets on sponsor websites or singles on sites I dont know if I can completely trust like this one:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/0280155868-380cc-36lbs
Old 09-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Whisper
No one?

Can someone atleast tell me where I can purchase non fake single Bosche 36# injectors instead of entire sets? All I can find are either sets on sponsor websites or singles on sites I dont know if I can completely trust like this one:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/0280155868-380cc-36lbs
Just go to a junk yard and pull them off a GTP or supercharged Regal. Not as pretty as new, but they do the job.

Quick Reply: Fuel on top of intake. Car wouldn't start this morning.