Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

lQ9 kitcar Fuel system

Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lQ9 kitcar Fuel system

Hey guys,

I am currently building an ls-based car out of an old citroen DS, so theres a TON of parts needed... and hopefully advice to get.

I will soon get rid of the 6.0 truck intake/injectors, and switch to Vic Jr EFI and LS1 style injectors (homemade short 90° elbow and 102mm chinese TB).

I plan to run the first version of this car N/A with an unleaded 98, and E85 tunes and a mild 400 hp to keep up with current clutch and cv joints/hubs (ford cobra).

Then, if the car sticks enough to the ground, I am allready planning to go twin T3/T4 and double power potential.

My 01E trans should have problems to withstand anything north of 600 lbs tq... but there is no drag use intended though, just high speed pulls.

Sooo heres my question:

Can I allready install 85 lbs injectors ? Or shall I mount 60s ?
and switch to bigger ones once the turbos are in ?

I plan on using:

Summit composite Fuel cell with sump (allready have it, looks like stock 6AN outlets)

Basic screen inside tank > AN10 outlet > AN10 180° elbow > ext. bosch 044 under tank > AN10 braided lines > Aeromotive fuel filter (40 or 100 microns?) > Edelbrock vic jr rails (3/8") > aeromotive regulator > AN8 return to top of tank.

When 2 turbos: Simply Run a second external 044 (below sump level fed from the other sump outlet ) + Y fitting to engine.

If anything tell me if the lines are overkill ?

Price of braided lines and fittings is high, I'd rather go bigger than necessary so theres no need to redo everything later...

I have no precise power goals. 400 rwhp seems realistic to start with but I would like to have something not laggy at all, I'll max out the transmission potential before the engine... Other questions on the FI forum incoming

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lQ9 kitcar Fuel system