Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Want to setup my FPR and run lines this way, any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want to setup my FPR and run lines this way, any problems?

Take a look, let me know. No one else I see does a T fitting in front of the rail like this, they usually feed one rail, run the crossover to feed 2nd rail and put FPR at end of second rail or they feed both rails and put a FPR between the two rails on the other side.

Any problems doing it this way? it still bleeds the pressure to keep 58psi/whatever i choose, right?

Last edited by froman; 11-10-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

That's how I have it on my turbo car.

Use a Y fitting in front too
Old 11-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Default Fuel Rails

Is there any benefit to running those aftermarket rails besides higher durability and cooling effect due to using solid billet aluminum as opposed to the stock plastic rails?

This relates to the OP because I want to run a return style system as well.
I'm just trying to find the specs on stock L59 and LM7 fuel rails to see if theres a reason to change to aftermarket rails besides for the reasons I mentioned above.

Couldn't I just use those fancy 'quick disconnect to -6AN or -8AN' adapters for the factory fuel supply and return ports along with factory fuel pressure regulator? Or is factory FPR too flow restrictive at 43.5 psi rail pressure?

I have Siemens 60 #/hr injectors with dual parallel Bosch 044's, planning to run either -6 or -8 fittings and similar braided fuel hose size.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Well actually, fpr is after rails, so shouldnt affect flow to injectors as long as it maintains rail pressure.

So now I really dont understand why I cant just use stock everything (besides adapter fittings) since factory fpr are set for 43.5psi anyways. Maybe the crossover between rails is too restrictive?
Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

my build is a swapped stang, so the motor i got didnt come with rails, regardless i plan on running e85 and making a good bit of hp, so stock rails likely wouldnt have been in the equation as i think theyre -6 size.

I'm overbuilding the fuel system so that when i grenade the motor i can step it up hehe. Can you tell i have fast rails from my picture?

Last edited by froman; 11-10-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by DeathByNissan55
.....since factory fpr are set for 43.5psi anyways. .....
It isn't. Besides, if you have a boosted application you need to boost reference the FPR.

Andrew
Old 11-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
It isn't. Besides, if you have a boosted application you need to boost reference the FPR.

Andrew
I was looking at a data sheet for a different injector and got mixed up, it should be upper 50's psi rail pressure.

Wouldn't a stock return style vortec rail system be capable of boost reference since the fpr has a vacuum ref port on it?
Old 11-25-2015, 06:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More flexibility in tuning. My tuner said sometimes with 80lbs injectors he has a hard time getting it as lean as he wants on decel, but with the adjustable fuel pressure regulator we could tweak it that way.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sum guy
More flexibility in tuning. My tuner said sometimes with 80lbs injectors he has a hard time getting it as lean as he wants on decel, but with the adjustable fuel pressure regulator we could tweak it that way.
Electronically controlled FPR?

Also in ECU, cant you just cut fuel inj/spark signal on decel? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DeathByNissan55

Also in ECU, cant you just cut fuel inj/spark signal on decel? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
yep, you're quite correct that is an ecu function.

Originally Posted by froman

Take a look, let me know. No one else I see does a T fitting in front of the rail like this, they usually feed one rail, run the crossover to feed 2nd rail and put FPR at end of second rail or they feed both rails and put a FPR between the two rails on the other side.

Any problems doing it this way? it still bleeds the pressure to keep 58psi/whatever i choose, right?
Had mine like that for 12 years, albeit with -6 on the return side. No problems at all

Quick Reply: Want to setup my FPR and run lines this way, any problems?