Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive FPR work like this??

Old 01-19-2016, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aeromotive FPR work like this??

Is their any reason running my new FPR will be an issue routes like this? Alternator is mounted in passenger side head and gives me limited ways on doing what I originally had planned. It's the second pic down with no return line coming TO the regulator.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

you would be better off running it like the first diagram ...

you dont have to mount the regulator on the fuel rail.. you can still run it like the first pic and mount the regulator by the firewall or strut tower
Old 01-19-2016, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any real disadvantages? I guess it really don't matter if I need to hook it up like the first diagram or not. I wouldn't have to order any fittings if I could hook it up like the second though. Kinda think it looks nice on the rail too.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Although not ideal, it's basically the same way the stock 98-02 F-Body fuel system is set up. It should be fine unless you're planning on making lots of power.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss1
Although not ideal, it's basically the same way the stock 98-02 F-Body fuel system is set up. It should be fine unless you're planning on making lots of power.
Car makes about 650rwhp now. Two Walbro 255 in tank and SD 80# injectors. I talked to a guy at Aeromotive and he more less said you were pissing your money away if I don't hook it up like the first picture shows.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Either is perfectly fine.

BUT, for the dead end rails, do keep the regulator as close to the injectors/rails as possible.

The further away it is, the worse a dead end rail setup becomes.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The return system circulates fuel through the rail and cools the rail and most importantly purges any air bubbles from the rail.

In the dead head scenario air bubbles in the rail have to leave via the injectors displacing fuel.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RixTrix
The return system circulates fuel through the rail and cools the rail and most importantly purges any air bubbles from the rail.

In the dead head scenario air bubbles in the rail have to leave via the injectors displacing fuel.

The rails do not need cooled, fuel gets used by the engine so cool fuel still flows through the rails.

And I've never had a scenario where air bubbles have been any issue....how would you even know ? and where have these air bubbles came from ?

OEM's now run their rails dead end on millions of cars, none of what you are saying is a problem.

I've 2 rails flow through and 2 rails dead on on my own car, never had a problem in some 7-8 years like that.

Really, either option is fine abiding by what I stated already. But yes a flow through and regulator after the rails/injectors is generally preferable but in no way whatsoever essential.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Either is perfectly fine.

BUT, for the dead end rails, do keep the regulator as close to the injectors/rails as possible.

The further away it is, the worse a dead end rail setup becomes.
you say keep it as close to the rail as possible. I've got the connection to connect it directly to the driver side rail. No hose between the FPR and rail. Is that what you were referring to Stevie?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:36 AM
9 Second Club

The further away from the regulator, the more chance of a pressure disparity between the regulator and the injectors.

ie have no hose attached to your water tap and water flies out.

Attach a 100ft hose to it and it turns into a trickle. Same "pump" same base pressure . It's just easier to push through a shorter hose.

Obviously 100ft is never going to happen on a car but you get the idea, and it is also dependent on fuel line sizes. A small line will show problems sooner than a large line.

With oversized lines it may never be a concern on a car, if lines are anywhere near the limits of the system, then it can become a concern sooner.

But all of that is pretty much common sense and applies to any fuel system.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
The further away from the regulator, the more chance of a pressure disparity between the regulator and the injectors.

ie have no hose attached to your water tap and water flies out.

Attach a 100ft hose to it and it turns into a trickle. Same "pump" same base pressure . It's just easier to push through a shorter hose.

Obviously 100ft is never going to happen on a car but you get the idea, and it is also dependent on fuel line sizes. A small line will show problems sooner than a large line.

With oversized lines it may never be a concern on a car, if lines are anywhere near the limits of the system, then it can become a concern sooner.

But all of that is pretty much common sense and applies to any fuel system.
Ok man, I'm just going to take your word in this and hook it up to the rail. I can always redo it if I have any issues. -8 feed line and -6 return.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:14 AM
9 Second Club

-8 is plenty.

The only thing I'd say about the reg pre rail setup, is when monitoring fuel pressure, always do it at the furthest point on the rails. Not at the regulator.

But if all line sizes etc are a good size, then there should be negligible difference between the two anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aeromotive FPR work like this??