Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Edelbrock Performer Carburated Intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edelbrock Performer Carburated Intake ?

Well, let me get this into the right forum! ANyway, doing a hybrid car this year. Still not sure what the LS1 will go into yet...(Hoping for the '67 Chevelle or 67-69 Camaro!) I have the engine only, block and heads that is. I want to know if anyone has used, tried, heard about the Performer intake for this. (I can't even find it for sale anywhere yet sooo... Might not be out yet. ) I'm looking to skip all the computer stuff and go with tis set up. It comes with an MSD controler to run the ignition too. This would save me a lot of cash and I could put it to better use.
I am going to completley rebuild the entire engine and add more cubes while waiting to get something to put it into! I'd rather put my money there then ito all the computers and software needed to get this going. Any thoughts????
Old 06-10-2004, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

They are out we can get them but they are dual plane and very short runners. We can also get the single plane manifold from GM performance parts. Little longer runners should help it make better power.

Nate
Old 06-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Teching In

WOW! Any info on how that all worked out!?!? How much and what would be a good set up, cams and such, for that one?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Have not used it yet but it will be a very large turbo car. It will do pretty good if you are planning to do the big bore stroker motor you want to do.

Nate
Old 06-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Found one! Now what about the computer system. How would that be run with this? Would I be able to use one like the MSD that comes with the Edelbrock package? Can't seem to find one of those...
Old 06-14-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be watching the use of the GM single plane carb intake... I am really thinking about using that, converted to EFI on a 427.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I think that is what I am going with if I can find out about the MSD system. This should be abood set up for how I want to run!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys watch the New section on reviews and write-ups over the next few days and I'll DETAIL the installation of the GM Single plane and Accel DFI install. For now you can look at some of my past posts for some pictures.

Ryan K.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Still... WOW! Read over some of those posts. Seems like a lot of folks just want to bolt it on and get a lot out of it. I just tore down my LS1 engine for rebuild yesterday. I'm sending it of to have it re-sleeved and worked. Any ideas on what combo of guts would make this set up kick butt? I could easily do this with an old iron 350, but I am still totaly knew to all the aluminum stuff.
Ah, I just looked out the window at that block sitting there... Drooled all over the key board thinking about all this!!!!!!