Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Start - Have Spark and fuel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start - Have Spark and fuel

Good evening everyone. I am hopeful that one of the LS guys in here can give me some idea on what is going on. This is my first swap with a LS. I will try to give all the information I can so the thread isn't 100 pages long. The car is a 1935 Packard. The engine is 2008 corvette but the intake system has been changed to a 98 Camaro cable drive. The harness and ECM are BP Automotive. We installed the engine and harness and it fired right up. I've had it running many times. The car is not ready to drive so its just been at idle and rev'd up a few times. Seemed OK. I had to pull the transmission. When I re-installed the tranny the engine will no longer start. I have 13+ volts. 55psi fuel pressure. Strong spark. The noid shows a bright light at initial crank but dims as I crank. I have tried dis-connecting injectors one at a time with no change. The engine will hit for just a second at initial crank. It will also start with a shot of ether. It appears I get a signal to the injectors and then it goes away. Any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No one?

Originally Posted by mikeintn68
Good evening everyone. I am hopeful that one of the LS guys in here can give me some idea on what is going on. This is my first swap with a LS. I will try to give all the information I can so the thread isn't 100 pages long. The car is a 1935 Packard. The engine is 2008 corvette but the intake system has been changed to a 98 Camaro cable drive. The harness and ECM are BP Automotive. We installed the engine and harness and it fired right up. I've had it running many times. The car is not ready to drive so its just been at idle and rev'd up a few times. Seemed OK. I had to pull the transmission. When I re-installed the tranny the engine will no longer start. I have 13+ volts. 55psi fuel pressure. Strong spark. The noid shows a bright light at initial crank but dims as I crank. I have tried dis-connecting injectors one at a time with no change. The engine will hit for just a second at initial crank. It will also start with a shot of ether. It appears I get a signal to the injectors and then it goes away. Any suggestions?

No one can help?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you check the crank sensor ?
Old 02-24-2016, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Loose grounds?

Quick Reply: No Start - Have Spark and fuel