Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how do I splice in tank twin walbro pumps

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I splice in tank twin walbro pumps

If this has been covered before I am sorry but I have looked A lot and haven't found exactly what I need to know. I built a custom fuel tank for a project that I am trying to finish, I need to put twin walbro 450s in the tank,I bought a racetronix duel wire feed kit that has a plastic o-ringed grommet that would allow the electrical wires to feed inside the fuel tank. The walbro pumps have a small pigtail with a weatherpack type connection that needs to be spliced inside the tank. I was wondering if this can be soldered and then sealed with heat shrink or exactly what or how this needs to be done. the walbro pigtails may reach to the outside of the tank but will be very close, if they will what or how can I get the wire that passes thru the top of the fuel cell sealed correctly. I seen some people used a rubber grommet and then used jb weld or epoxy to seal around the wires, but I aint sure about that.I will be using e85 as well as pump fuel. I don't know so I thought Id ask people that know how this may be done correctly. Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated. Mark
Old 03-09-2016, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

first, what build is so thirsty it needs 2x 450 pumps?

Anyways, I soldered the wires and wrapped with fuel compatible heat shrink. The normal vinyl stuff will dissolve in fuel so don't bother with it. Same with the wires, get the more expensive wire designed to be submerged in fuel or the sheath will dissolve.

Through the top of the basket I drilled a hole sealed it with GOOP. It is rated for gasoline but not sure about ethanol.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Anything over 7-800rwho on e85 needs more than 1 450
Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, its a 5.3 l33 with a tick stage two cam and a pair of precision 6262s on e85. Maybe to much pump but I don't know much about this stuff. just trying to learn as I go. hopefully it will make a descent amount of power. thanks again

Quick Reply: how do I splice in tank twin walbro pumps