Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car won't start, 0 fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car won't start, 0 fuel pressure

I understand this is a seemingly trivial issue, so TIA.

Just completed a clutch install on a 99 WS6. The car hasn't been driven in 4 years, but I would start the car up once or twice a month. Before doing the install, I could start the car up fine but it would hesitate/stumble when pressing the gas.

Clutch install is complete, but now the car won't start. Fuel pressure gauge reads 0 psi and I can hear the fuel pump prime when key is in the ON position.

Fuel filter was just replaced, and the fuses aren't blown. I have already cut a trap door when I thought the fuel pump was bad a couple of months ago, but it was just a cracked rubber tube.

Seems obvious that it's a bad fuel pump? Are there places that the line could be blocked up?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Tank empty? Car hasn't been driven in 4 years but started every month or so. Could just be out of gas. It has happened before.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

It has a quarter tank of gas in it, but it's 7 month old gas. I'll open up the trap door and make sure the gauge isn't jacked up.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Looks like the fuel feed tube has a crack in it. I see that Racetronix sells these tubes, but there are many different size options. Will this tube work on an OEM full pump? If not, can someone let me know where I can buy one?

http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tripps
Looks like the fuel feed tube has a crack in it. I see that Racetronix sells these tubes, but there are many different size options. Will this tube work on an OEM full pump? If not, can someone let me know where I can buy one?

http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Just went ahead and purchased a Racetronix fuel pump assembly. Figured that the one I have now (installed in 2005) is probably about to bite the dust.

Quick Reply: Car won't start, 0 fuel pressure