Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

remote mount fuel pressure gauge sending unit (not on rail)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default remote mount fuel pressure gauge sending unit (not on rail)

i have a glowshift fuel pressure gauge that i wired up and was about to attach to the rail until i started reading about how rail mounted gauges can eventually fail and cause a fire hazard due to placement, so im now looking for solutions to remote mount somewhere between the tank and before it comes into the bay for the rails (or far enough away from rails to not be a hazard). can i get some help with how i can accomplish this ive searched but havent turned much up other than warnings on not mounting to rails. it is an electrical gauge and i have a long cable for the sending unit plus adapter that was meant for attachment to the rail.

and for future questions yes i would like a permanent fuel pressure gauge instead of a temporary setup for troubleshooting.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

This is a joke, right?

99% of all fuel pressure gauges or sending units are in either the regulator or the rails, both under the hood.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is not a joke, as said above i was all set to mount to the rail using the adapter i have but while searching for the correct tool for removing the schrader valve since mine will nto fit, i came across several members warning against rail mounted permanent gauges. For a temporary t/s then yes i would mount to the rail and be done with it like everyone else but im looking for a permanent mount and the threads i came across warning against this have mentioned how in the past their rails have cracked at the adapter over time or the teflon has gave way over time and fuel leaked and pooled and became a fire hazard and in some cases burned the car to the ground.

do a quick search on fuel pressure gauge on the rails if you wish.

and i dont post jokes in the technical sections. Im looking for an alternative to tapping at the rail for a permanent mount. ive seen one other members picture of it done off the rail but still in the bay but i can no longer find it or find how he did it.

Quick Reply: remote mount fuel pressure gauge sending unit (not on rail)