Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lq4/ ls3 build for jeep fueling questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4/ ls3 build for jeep fueling questions

First, I've been stalking ls1tech for quite some time now, finally became a member today so hello.
Doing a swap into my jeep cj7. Originally an lq4 from an 02, in the middle of a full build, will list specs shortly. It's to be mated to my sm465/ np205 to put in my jeep which is 80/20 on/off road respectively.

It has a tbi350 which recently got super hot and started gulping all of its water out on the trail, almost locked up a bunch of times before we got it back to the trailer. Luckily I was already building this 6.0 for it and should have the short block back this week. A few things I can't seem to find a good answer for revolve primarily around fueling. I'll list the specs of my build and then ask specifics at the bottom. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Build specs:
02 lq4 to be mated to sm465/np205

​​​​​​Block has been machined out to 4.065 to accept brand new oem ls3 flat top pistons and floating pin rods
Line honed, polished and balanced rotating assembly

​​​​​ almost brand new take off 243 heads with tsp springs for the new .600" lift cam

Cam is 224/228 .600/.600 @112law

Will be using truck intake which has stock rails and injectors right now. Also it's dbw

So my question for you is this:
Will a 225 be enough pump?
Do you recommend an injector upgrade and if so, how big?
I've been told that the 8.1l marine injectors are a popular upgrade to 42 lb and that they are the right height for the stock rails?

Also, is there anything to do to the throttle body itself worth doing to help it at all?

Thanks again!
​​​​​​
Old 10-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No suggestions, input?

Quick Reply: Lq4/ ls3 build for jeep fueling questions