Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

FIC 127 lb Nozzles

Old 04-18-2017, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default FIC 127 lb Nozzles

Havent seen much feedback regarding these lately....just some posts when they first came out. Any horror stories? I really dont like the idea of a modified nozzle as many have poor spray patterns and poor atomization. Additionally, when a nozzle is modified, the injector flow curve will change, usually a lot at the lower pulsewidths in the "non-linear" range which directly affects idle and low rpm/load driveability. It is concerning to me that the data provided is not appropriate for the modified injector nozzles.

Anybody here run these and another injector of similar flow rate that can provide personal feedback? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sub'd
Old 07-31-2017, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Bump. I reached out to FIC to see if I can get some answers. Lets see what they say. Here is the email I sent them:

"I am interested in purchasing a set of injectors for my 1100whp (absolute max I ever plan to see) E85 street car I am putting together. I know what my fuel requirements are. The engine I built is a forged/ported 5.3 liter. I am running EV1 LS1 height platform and looking at the 127 lb injectors. I am an avid tuner on the side as well as a mechanical engineer that designs high pressure diesel fuel injection systems for the military as my day job. As a result I am quite particular about idle quality and drivability. What is the absolute minimum pulse width of these injectors at 14V and 4 barg delta FP? What pulsewidth does proportional flow start? As you know, when you get below the knee and even closer to absolute minimum pulsewidth, the fuel delivered per shot has a higher standard deviation, which can result in erratic and unrepeatable behavior as well as cylinder to cylinder variances, and cycle to cycle variances. As I understand you don’t fire the injectors to observe this behavior at low pulsewidths, but rather just statically flow test them at constant power (100% duty cycle) and then send a set that matches that 1 number within a couple percent. Is this correct? I understand these are Bosch units. Do you modify the injector tips to achieve your flow rate? If you do, what injector data is provided, the OEM Bosch data or have you ran the pulsewidth tests to produce the slightly new injector data that can be observed on a test bench with the same actuator and a modified nozzle tip? Can you give me an idea of what “injector data” you provide exactly. If you can send me a file with the parameters that would be included that would be helpful and answer some of my questions. If you have to, just send it without the the actual values if that is something you would not want to disclose prior to a purchase. Thanks in advance for your time."
Old 08-04-2017, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 289 Likes on 217 Posts

http://injectordynamics.com/articles...-and-dipshits/
Old 08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

I have seen the article.

If you look at FIC's website it appears they have started doing some dynamic testing recently, probably because of all this bashing they have received over the years.

They still have not responded to me. Lost my business. I am looking at becoming a vendor of some fuel injection lineup soon for my customers cars. ID is the only one I respect. However, I do not like modified injector nozzles regardless if they are characterized after they are modified.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FIC 127 lb Nozzles