Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Clearin the air about 99-02 fbody pumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Clearin the air about 99-02 fbody pumps

We have had quite a few calls recently to ask if one of our parts or one of racetronix parts will fit this cheap pump they bought off ebay, amazon, or even a legit website. After some back and forth we identify the pump. its always the same pump. Normally its the walbro f20000169 normally accompanied by the 400-1016 or 400-1017 kit.
This is an actual picture of the top of that pump (not my hand pictured)

And this is a picture of the top of our racetronix 255lph rxp252t pump assy (not my hand either...say hi to Mike's hand)

Do you see a difference?

The top pump was bought from a legit company (that also has an ebay and amazon store) with a legit website that has a vehicle specific drop down menu. This is what shows for the 99-02 fbodys and it sells for around $69 - 78. The kit is comes with is "fbody specific" also...400-1016 or 400-1017.
400-1016

400-1017 (with pump)

As you can see they are a tad diff...but not by much.

The 1017 is supposed to be more fbody specific. But as you can tell...it is not.

The outlet on the pump is too large to fit into the fbody module. the 1016 filter sock normally has to be folded to fit and it does not sit in the bottom channel. it also uses a short stiff rubber hose which it normally too short and causes binding on the hose above the fpr and both use smaller gauge wire to power the pump. Im not going to single out this company because i cant...there are too many of them. Thats just one example really.
The glaring diff is the lack of the venturi/jet pump. without that feature, the pump may work ok but it will still not be able to operate the system correctly and keep the module full of fuel.

This is really why you should contact us or racetronix first. We can save you the time and hassle of buying the wrong part and having to rebuy a new one adapt it etc. We are aware that racetronix can be harder to get ahold of sometimes...so please feel free to contact us via pm, email, or phone.

We do sell quite a few diff brands and styles of fbody pumps and some do and do not have this jet pump fitting. If you have a question about it PLEASE ASK FIRST instead of buying first and asking later.

And let's give a big round of applause to our hand models!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

95% of the pumps sold on ebay, as Walbro, are not. They are a cheap Chinese clone. They usually last about three months. Some are even STAMPED Walbro, but are still a clone. I remember reading about Walbro taking one apart before they could tell the difference. If you think you are getting a quality pump for a dirt cheap price, well, all you are getting is dirt cheap. Fuel pumps are not the part to try to save a nickel on.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

My racetronix had NO black flex tube. When did they change to that as mine is clear style
Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

They come in either way honestly.

Quick Reply: Clearin the air about 99-02 fbody pumps