Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Wiring Dual 255's

Old 09-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Dual 255's

I recently bought dual 255's and a single hotwire kit. In an effort to avoid using the stock wiring for the second pump I'm stuck on a few different ideas. I'm going to run both pumps simultaneously, as it is only a weekend/strip car and the hobbs interface is somewhat unappealing.

For the second pump, can I run a single fused 12awg wire on a switch to the pump, or what other option is there really besides buying a separate dual pump harness?

After going through 15 pages of searches I couldn't find any real information and I'm hoping to start on this, this weekend.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just replicate the hotwire kit, relay, fuse, power wire size, and tie the turn on trigger wire from the first kit to the second. I run my 2 Walbros full time, and even though people say it heats the fuel a bit, it does have the advantage of seeing if a full pump is bad right at idle die to afr/pressure change.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I run a dedicated relay for each pump I use the pcm trigger wire spliced to each relay and I splice the grounds together but use heavy gauge 12v to each pump and haven't had any problems this way with dual stealth 340lph pumps
Old 09-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does seem a ton better than hassling with a switch. Thanks guys. I'll post pictures this weekend with what I come up with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring Dual 255's