Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need some feedback asap, FI Tech or Holley Sniper?

Old 11-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some feedback asap, FI Tech or Holley Sniper?

I have a line on the Holley Sniper EFI kit and the FI Tech Mean Street 800 kit.
Both of these are the carb style efi set up. I have a 2005 GM LQ4 6.0L LS based engine with a Texas Speed cam 236/242 .600/.600 110+2 LSA, built 200R4 trans., 1-7/8" headers and 3" exhaust.

Looking to buy an EFI kit, what are your experiences with the kits.

Chuck
Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I did a lot of research before installing my Megasquirt.

The FiTech can be iffy. Some people have gotten it to work and work well. But other have really struggled. Some have had to return it because they have never been able to get it to work right. If you can get it to work right, it seems to be a real jewel. It's the least expensive of the two, and I guess you get what you pay for.

The Holley is more expensive, and has more capabilities. I have not read of any significant problems like the FiTech. It's self learning capabilities seem to be one of the best on the market.

Given those two choices, I would go with Holley.
The following users liked this post:
0352Marine (07-01-2019)
Old 12-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Default Efi

I ended up breaking down nd getting the Holley Terminator carbed efi kit.

also heard they are increasing pricing this month!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holley does price changes this time each year. I know the Holley systems are good, but don't know anything about the other or anyone that has done more than read about it.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Crf450r420
Holley does price changes this time each year. I know the Holley systems are good, but don't know anything about the other or anyone that has done more than read about it.
I ended up buying the Holley Terminator TBI kit. 20% off sale and got it right before their price increase that went into effect Dec 1st. Pulled the triger 11/30 so i saved a bunch!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by .boB
I did a lot of research before installing my Megasquirt.

The FiTech can be iffy. Some people have gotten it to work and work well. But other have really struggled. Some have had to return it because they have never been able to get it to work right. If you can get it to work right, it seems to be a real jewel. It's the least expensive of the two, and I guess you get what you pay for.

The Holley is more expensive, and has more capabilities. I have not read of any significant problems like the FiTech. It's self learning capabilities seem to be one of the best on the market.

Given those two choices, I would go with Holley.
Go with the Holley and you won’t be sorry. The FI-tech has a 5v system and if not hooked up exactly right or if you have a voltage spike your system is fried. I went with Holley and couldn’t be happier. I did have some hiccups with installing this system on a LS engine since there isn’t a distributor but now it hauls ***.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some feedback asap, FI Tech or Holley Sniper?