Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix pump hat questions

Old 06-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix pump hat questions

So I have a racetronix FPA-001B and a hotwire kit. This is my first install and I think I got everything correct however I have to make sure so I don't need to drop the tank again.

RCS-028 bulkhead connector...do I need to remove the old one the pump is currently plugged into to install this? Does it just pop out?
ITWH-023 in-tank harnes...my purple pump has a harness that looks EXACTLY like this attached to it. The only difference is I reused the red and the gray lock instead of the supplied blue lock in the harness bag.

Is it worth replacing the pressure regulator since I am already in the tank as well? What is the part number as well for this?

Last edited by mackverde; 06-25-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: part number
Old 06-26-2018, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mackverde
So I have a racetronix FPA-001B and a hotwire kit. This is my first install and I think I got everything correct however I have to make sure so I don't need to drop the tank again.

RCS-028 bulkhead connector...do I need to remove the old one the pump is currently plugged into to install this? Does it just pop out?
ITWH-023 in-tank harnes...my purple pump has a harness that looks EXACTLY like this attached to it. The only difference is I reused the red and the gray lock instead of the supplied blue lock in the harness bag.

Is it worth replacing the pressure regulator since I am already in the tank as well? What is the part number as well for this?

I think the consensus is to replace the bulkhead connector with the upgraded bulkhead connector that can handle double the amperage. It is included because the stock plug can fail over time. If it is included replace it.

The in tank regulator can be replaced with the WSStore C5 filter/regulator kit. The regulator is external and built into the fuel filter.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Teching In

I got the bulkhead swapped and ordered FP10021 to replace the regulator in the hat. Working on getting all my pins out now and loading the tank back up! Thanks for the reply
Old 06-26-2018, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mackverde
I got the bulkhead swapped and ordered FP10021 to replace the regulator in the hat. Working on getting all my pins out now and loading the tank back up! Thanks for the reply
Hold on! Before installing the tank - you must remove the in tank regulator if you plan to replace with the external c5 fuel filter/regulator kit.

The WS6 store has a kit specific to accomplish this. With this kit you remove the in tank regulator and install a tube for the return running down into the tank. Search this site for details on installs. So if you put it all together you will end up having to take it apart again to remove the regulator and install the tube.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...L-UPGRADE-KIT/

WS6 supplies a WIX filter with their kit. Other kits or replacements might not be a WIX.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Good call on the c5 fuel filter/regulator kit.

Once it's all installed, does the car start up after one attempt or do you need to prime the pump twice to get it to pressure by cycling the key twice before starting?
Old 07-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Teching In

thanks for the recommendations. i had went with a FP10021 replacement regulator and everything seems to be working great. fp at idle is 58-60psi depending on how hot it is outside it seems/engine temp. pump is nice and quiet too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racetronix pump hat questions