Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Silverado 4.3 to 6.0 fuel line question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Silverado 4.3 to 6.0 fuel line question

Hi all, it’s been a few years since I’ve posted on here but I can’t seem to find information on my question.

Im swapping an lq4 into a ‘99 Silverado and I’m working on the fuel system. I’ve connected the 3/8 and 5/16 to the corvette regulator but I’m unsure what to do with the third line. I left it unhooked and hanging there but am getting fuel running out of it, I thought it was only an evap line? Where do I need to connect this line to?

Any help in on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There are 2 fuel lines like u said. They are usually threaded together at the rear of the intake. One is 5/16" other is 3/8".

The other 3/8" line is evap. Its sometimes plastic up to the firewall where it thin turns to a metal quick connect.

The evap u can delete with the 6.0 swap (with tuning)

The feed and return should be able to plug into the 6.0 intake fuel rails (depending on your year engine). There should be 2 fittings. The corvette regulator is not needed with this style setup. Just plug in your original fuel lines.

Some of the newer around 2004 and later engines are returnless fuel rail setup. They are a single 3/8" fuel line hookup with no return, and WILL require the corvette regulator to work.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possible evap and return line mixup?