Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive 11569 warning!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive 11569 warning!!

Friday after towing my 2000 camaro 144 miles to finally get my new motor dyno tuned I lost fuel pressure during first run, hadn't notice a problem up until now and standing there watching my fuel pressure gage drop, Fuel pump had less than 400 miles on it and always had 58 to 60 psi . I figured my FPR had blown out and it was just my **** luck that it happen on the dyno LOL so with a full tank of gas and my pride in my back pocket I pulled the tank today. What I found really pissed me off; I bought the Aeromotive 11569 in tank pump kit and install with provided hose and clamps, the hose was not compatible with gas as it was breaking apart and swollen badly. I had planned on buying a Racetronix pump but was talked out of it by the sales person from TSP, Said as long as I could soider a couple wires it was much better pump and thats what he ran in his car. lessons learned here but the funny thing is the tech at my tuners shop asked if I installed the pump with correct hose and I said yes I used what Aeromotive provided with there kit guess the joke was on me $118 pump cost me a $500 dollar day. I do want to give big thanks to Doc @ EFI Alchemy for giving me a break on normal cost dyno tuning and I will be back in two weeks to finish up what was going to a great day
Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Well I still sit here thinking I can't be the only one who has had this problem with their in tank replacement pump kit, or could it be I'm the only one stupid enough to use the provided hose and clamps that come in the box LOL. My fix for this is I've ordered the C5 regulator kit and new Racetronix pump from the WS6 store. I could of ordered a $5 hose kit to fix this since the only problem was the provided hose but at this point I've lost any faith in anything AeroMotive is selling, if it wasn't so much work I'd probably replace their wiring harness just to spite myself LOL
Old 10-22-2018, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought the same pump but I did buy the special hose lol, my buddy runs two of these pumps on his turbo 383 gen 2 small block on 30psi with pump gas and meth for almost 3yrs no problems
Old 10-23-2018, 04:11 AM
Teching In

I wish I would have known that the provide hose from AeroMotive needed to be replaced with the plastic style live and learn I guess