Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Question about the Racetronix 340lph pump.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question about the Racetronix 340lph pump.

Just read this on RT's site: "The Racetronix pump assembly is shrouded in an anodized aluminum housing. This housing simulates the proper outer diameter of the factory pump for proper fitment. WARNING: Some copy-cat pump kits use a foam rubber sleeve which will deteriorate using today's pump and race gas which can contaminate the fuel module. This can cause pump failure and engine damage. GM does not use rubber parts in late model fuel systems so why introduce this potential menace now?"

I purchased a RT 340lph pump and it has the "foam rubber sleeve" I'm assuming they use the walbro pump and because walbro's are now smaller in diameter they now need the sleeve but now I'm concerned about them saying it will deteriorate? Any opinions on this?
Old 10-31-2018, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Why not ask Racetronix about it?
Old 10-31-2018, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Why not ask Racetronix about it?
Just read about it before I posted this, gonna email them tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Racetronix is saying that some 'copy cat' vendors use foam sleeves that will deteriorate over time inside the fuel tank and obviously contaminate the fuel, the filter, and reduce the lifetime of pump.

It would defy logic to state that copy cat vendors use this type of foam sleeve and Racetronix does too.

FWIW some of their systems don't use the foam wrap so for piece of mind it's not a requirement that you wrap the pump in foam. Most pump brackets don't allow for the use of a foam sleeve and the clamp would compress the sleeve where the bracket or clamp compresses enough to hold the pump in place.

First pic is pic of an RXP 341 mounted on my 98 fuel module assembly. Found I could't use it because of the amps draw that the stock bulkhead connector won't support. So went with a dual pump setup (second pic) that uses two terminals in the bulkhead connector (same plug but not hard wired to the pump harness). With two pumps each pump uses one terminal on the connector for each pump on the fuel side. Racetronix modified the pigtail that connects to the bulkhead connector on the atmosphere side accounts for and handles the inside connection for each pump.

First pic. This is a single 340 on 98 pump hanger assembly. Clamp doesn't allow for a pump sleeve. My original 98 Racetronix kit and hotwire kit didn't allow for the use of pump sleeves either. The pump was held in place inside an aluminum cylinder with a band clamp.

The Racetronix pump dual setup doesn't allow for pump sleeves. Second pic.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had to use the sleeve to fit into the original rubber sleeve that fit into the bucket. Only way it would fit tight. That’s my concern now. And it was foam. Unless they use a different type that doesn’t deteriorate.