Biggest fuel pump that doesn't overpower Vette regulator/filter - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Fueling & Injection
Reload this Page >

Biggest fuel pump that doesn't overpower Vette regulator/filter

Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest fuel pump that doesn't overpower Vette regulator/filter

 
Old 12-11-2018, 06:59 PM
  #41  
TECH Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
foxsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 454
Default

Originally Posted by Mavn View Post
I have a gauge on the rail. and just for ***** n giggles we checked it with another one . both read 58 lol
awesome to hear
foxsl is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 02:37 PM
  #42  
Launching!
iTrader: (39)
 
mike135531bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 274
Default

Well I figured I would update my results after the dyno with the WS6 Racetronix 340 pump w/ hotwire kit and C5 regulator/filter. Install was simple, instructions were included. They're tech support is great, answered all my questions. My car made nowhere close the hp I though it would as I think I was getting either belt slip on the D1 or the pulley size is just too big for the setup (cast iron 5.7). Anyways, it made 9 lbs of boost and made 515 rwhp and 483 ftlb torque through a 4L80E (unlocked Yank Pro Series single-disk converter) on 18 degrees of timing. Ran out of time on the dyno so didn't get to let the IATs drop and add more timing. No fueling issues here.

Edit, I should also add that I run stock fuel lines and fuel rail, and 80 lb injectors.
mike135531bubba is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 03:09 PM
  #43  
TECH Enthusiast
 
stealth355tpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington Crossing, PA
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba View Post
Well I figured I would update my results after the dyno with the WS6 Racetronix 340 pump w/ hotwire kit and C5 regulator/filter. Install was simple, instructions were included. They're tech support is great, answered all my questions. My car made nowhere close the hp I though it would as I think I was getting either belt slip on the D1 or the pulley size is just too big for the setup (cast iron 5.7). Anyways, it made 9 lbs of boost and made 515 rwhp and 483 ftlb torque through a 4L80E (unlocked Yank Pro Series single-disk converter) on 18 degrees of timing. Ran out of time on the dyno so didn't get to let the IATs drop and add more timing. No fueling issues here.

Edit, I should also add that I run stock fuel lines and fuel rail, and 80 lb injectors.
Curious to see how much power you end up making with the pump/regulator. Ls1/D1 8lbs here with a maxed out 255.
stealth355tpi is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 03:17 PM
  #44  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Kfxguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,318
Default

18 degrees sounds like a lot of timing.
Kfxguy is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 05:57 PM
  #45  
Launching!
iTrader: (39)
 
mike135531bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 274
Default

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi View Post
Curious to see how much power you end up making with the pump/regulator. Ls1/D1 8lbs here with a maxed out 255.
This was with the 340 pump and c5 filter/regulator. I was hoping for 12 lbs since that's what the 4.5" ICs can handle but only got to 9. Still happy with the numbers considering the 80e eats hp like crazy and the converter was unlocked.
mike135531bubba is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 08:55 AM
  #46  
TECH Enthusiast
 
stealth355tpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington Crossing, PA
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba View Post
This was with the 340 pump and c5 filter/regulator. I was hoping for 12 lbs since that's what the 4.5" ICs can handle but only got to 9. Still happy with the numbers considering the 80e eats hp like crazy and the converter was unlocked.
Yeah, I know. I've been waiting to see what of power people are making with the 340/c5 filter before maxing them out. I'm wanting to upgrade my 255 and not sure if I want to go with twins or not.
stealth355tpi is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  #47  
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3,937
Default

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba View Post
Well I figured I would update my results after the dyno with the WS6 Racetronix 340 pump w/ hotwire kit and C5 regulator/filter. Install was simple, instructions were included. They're tech support is great, answered all my questions. My car made nowhere close the hp I though it would as I think I was getting either belt slip on the D1 or the pulley size is just too big for the setup (cast iron 5.7). Anyways, it made 9 lbs of boost and made 515 rwhp and 483 ftlb torque through a 4L80E (unlocked Yank Pro Series single-disk converter) on 18 degrees of timing. Ran out of time on the dyno so didn't get to let the IATs drop and add more timing. No fueling issues here.

Edit, I should also add that I run stock fuel lines and fuel rail, and 80 lb injectors.
EXCELLENT FEEDBACK! FINALLY LOL.

But seriously thank you for letting us know, and keep us updated on any more gains!!

tech@WS6store is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:48 PM
  #48  
TECH Enthusiast
 
stealth355tpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington Crossing, PA
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
EXCELLENT FEEDBACK! FINALLY LOL.

But seriously thank you for letting us know, and keep us updated on any more gains!!
Have you guys been able to test how much power this setup would support with stock lines?
stealth355tpi is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:27 PM
  #49  
Launching!
iTrader: (39)
 
mike135531bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 274
Default

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
18 degrees sounds like a lot of timing.
Is it? lol I was going to push it to 21. Forged bottom end so I wanted to test out the H-beam rods.
mike135531bubba is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 PM
  #50  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Kfxguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,318
Default

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba View Post
Is it? lol I was going to push it to 21. Forged bottom end so I wanted to test out the H-beam rods.
yea you were gonna test them alright. Make sure you have a bucket handy to put them in so you can bring them home and hang the pieces on your wall as a reminder to not do that again. Lol
Kfxguy is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM
  #51  
Launching!
iTrader: (39)
 
mike135531bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 274
Default

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi View Post
Yeah, I know. I've been waiting to see what of power people are making with the 340/c5 filter before maxing them out. I'm wanting to upgrade my 255 and not sure if I want to go with twins or not.
You know, I debated using Lonnie's dual setup but ultimately it came down to getting a fuel system done in somewhat of a hurry that would still work for my current setup. Lonnie was backed up around Christmas time. Had the 340 pump setup in no time from WS6Store. Down the road if I go to a FMIC, more boost, and meth, I would switch it out to dual pumps, but this setup works pretty well, I don't see why I couldn't push 600 rwhp with the 340 pump and 80 lb injectors.
mike135531bubba is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:19 PM
  #52  
TECH Enthusiast
 
stealth355tpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington Crossing, PA
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba View Post
You know, I debated using Lonnie's dual setup but ultimately it came down to getting a fuel system done in somewhat of a hurry that would still work for my current setup. Lonnie was backed up around Christmas time. Had the 340 pump setup in no time from WS6Store. Down the road if I go to a FMIC, more boost, and meth, I would switch it out to dual pumps, but this setup works pretty well, I don't see why I couldn't push 600 rwhp with the 340 pump and 80 lb injectors.
I hope it would support a decent amount more then 600rwhp. I'm maxxed at 550rwhp with a hotwire 255 and 60lb injectors. Keep us updated if you get a chance to turn it up some more.
stealth355tpi is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:28 PM
  #53  
12 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,302
Default

What about inline fuel pump
fastlt1 is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:46 PM
  #54  
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3,937
Default

The stock lines will flow enough to support about 750 to 800. Thats just the physical limitations of the lines. I have been told they are fine there by customers but no actual proof.
tech@WS6store is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 05:32 PM
  #55  
Launching!
iTrader: (39)
 
mike135531bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 274
Default

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post


yea you were gonna test them alright. Make sure you have a bucket handy to put them in so you can bring them home and hang the pieces on your wall as a reminder to not do that again. Lol
LOL in all seriousness it's staying at 18. Timing is a little lower when iat's get around 110. If anyone wants, I can throw some pics of the Racetronix setup installed.
mike135531bubba is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: