LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Fueling & Injection (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection-8/)
-   -   racetronix fuel pressure regulator (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1911169-racetronix-fuel-pressure-regulator.html)

Drj8787 12-01-2018 02:23 PM

racetronix fuel pressure regulator

is anyone using one of their regulators? It appears that their is one of the cheapest boost ref FPR @ $90 only the thing I've found cheaper is no name junk on ebay. I don't want to chance it with one of those.\
https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=reg-fi886bs

dlandsvZ28 12-06-2018 12:37 PM

I think the question we to need answer is if there is a difference in the valve mechanism and the internals in this FPR compared to the quality of the internals in FPR's that cost nearly 3X more.

An FPR doesn't have to adjust rail pressure nearly a quick with a Procharger as it does with a turbo because the Procharger builds boost slower. It's linear compared to a turbo where boost can go from zero to max almost instantaneously.

So the FPR with a turbo has to adjust rail pressure and volume at the same speed in order to maintain a static effective pressure at the injector tip (58 psi for example) if baseline pressure is 58 psi. The FPR also has to maintain a 1:1 ratio between boost and rail pressure as boost increases. In short, response time with relation to the boost signal is critical.

Does a $400 FPR do that? Or because they claim a 1:1 ratio there is no need to ask?

Fair disclosure: my Racetronix fuel rails/lines/FRP kit appears to have the same FPR as the OP. But since the boost with my Procharger D1SC is linear I think I will be OK.

tech@WS6store 12-06-2018 01:05 PM

We have sold quite a few as they come with their fuel line kits for 98 and 99-02 fbodies. Quite a few running boost and E85 on them with no issue.

Drj8787 12-06-2018 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store (Post 20012428)
We have sold quite a few as they come with their fuel line kits for 98 and 99-02 fbodies. Quite a few running boost and E85 on them with no issue.

do you guys sell them out side of the kits? I haven’t seen them on your website as an individual product just in the kit you mentioned. There are some other items I’ve been looking at on your website. Plan to buy these sometime in near future, it would be nice to be able to get the FPR though you when I do place my order for the other items.

tech@WS6store 12-07-2018 12:10 AM

We will likely add them soon but you can call in to purchase also. we have lots of parts not on the site as well

LilJayV10 12-08-2018 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28 (Post 20012412)
I think the question we to need answer is if there is a difference in the valve mechanism and the internals in this FPR compared to the quality of the internals in FPR's that cost nearly 3X more.

An FPR doesn't have to adjust rail pressure nearly a quick with a Procharger as it does with a turbo because the Procharger builds boost slower. It's linear compared to a turbo where boost can go from zero to max almost instantaneously.

So the FPR with a turbo has to adjust rail pressure and volume at the same speed in order to maintain a static effective pressure at the injector tip (58 psi for example) if baseline pressure is 58 psi. The FPR also has to maintain a 1:1 ratio between boost and rail pressure as boost increases. In short, response time with relation to the boost signal is critical.

Does a $400 FPR do that? Or because they claim a 1:1 ratio there is no need to ask?

Fair disclosure: my Racetronix fuel rails/lines/FRP kit appears to have the same FPR as the OP. But since the boost with my Procharger D1SC is linear I think I will be OK.

huh??

tech@WS6store 12-08-2018 07:08 PM

Roots style chargers are linear. Turbo and Centrifugal style arent as much.

Thats really the only thing i could understand lol

LilJayV10 12-09-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store (Post 20013415)
Roots style chargers are linear. Turbo and Centrifugal style arent as much.

Thats really the only thing i could understand lol

LOL. I'm so lost...from all the dyno graphs I have from the cars we've done.. Roots, PDS are not linear.

Centri's, are definitely linear, however I've done some of the bigger f series stuff and they weren't nearly as linear as the P and D stuff, in my experience...which is limited.

Turbo...well there's a lot of variables.....

LilJayV10 12-09-2018 10:03 PM

I thought I Kingaloton or whatever the fuck his name is was posting for a second. I actually had to go back and look at the screen name.

G Atsma 12-09-2018 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by LilJayV10 (Post 20013854)
I thought I Kingaloton or whatever the fuck his name is was posting for a second. I actually had to go back and look at the screen name.

The difference is, what you read above is actually true and sensible. KingTalon himself was the only one who thought his stuff was either one of those....

tech@WS6store 12-10-2018 02:05 AM

Dyno graphs normally dont show boost but some do. Nornally PDS will nearly slam full boost at a very low rpm or at least increase a predictable amount per rpm.

The design of the snail shell enclosure itself on a centri or turbo makes for a non linear boost curve. more like a J curve.