LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Fueling & Injection (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection-8/)
-   -   How do I mount AlkyControl nozzles from outside? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1911454-how-do-i-mount-alkycontrol-nozzles-outside.html)

Chucklee 12-06-2018 03:37 PM

How do I mount AlkyControl nozzles from outside?

I am installing AlkyControl setup and my custom aluminum intercooler intake pipe configuration won't allow me to mount nozzles from outside the pipe (I don't want to have to remove bumper and entire intercooler and bracketry just to change a nozzle, plus the charge pipe is too flat to get my arm in there and stick a nozzle through anyhow especially with the bend in the charge pipe)
What do you guys recommend? I had purchased aluminum 1/8 NPT bungs to weld on my pipe so I could just screw my nozzle right into the intake pipe.....then I realized that isn't possible.
Here's my intake. I want my 2 nozzles pretty much just below where the bumper meets the charge pipe. Anyone have some part numbers or fitting recommendations so all I gotta do is screw the nozzle into my pipe from outside?

Old Geezer 12-08-2018 09:32 AM

Put them just before the silicone connector. That way, you won't have alky sprayed onto the IAT sensor. Doing that will screw up the reading/ ecm control.

Chucklee 12-08-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Old Geezer (Post 20013204)
Put them just before the silicone connector. That way, you won't have alky sprayed onto the IAT sensor. Doing that will screw up the reading/ ecm control.

that would put nozzles in front of IAT sensor (closer to engine than sensor). Everything ive read says the nozzles must be before the sensor, at least 6” behind it. I have heard that spraying meth through your MAF sensor is really bad though but I am MAFless).
am I missing something?

stevieturbo 12-25-2018 08:26 AM

Some will say before the sensor, some after. And they will each try and argue they were right and wrong. So take from that what you will.

I would always mount mine before the sensor, unless doing port injection.

And with that long pipe from IC to TB, you have an absolute ton of room to mount nozzles.

Chucklee 12-25-2018 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by stevieturbo (Post 20020759)
Some will say before the sensor, some after. And they will each try and argue they were right and wrong. So take from that what you will.

I would always mount mine before the sensor, unless doing port injection.

And with that long pipe from IC to TB, you have an absolute ton of room to mount nozzles.

i don’t hear anyone saying it’s good to put nozzles past the IAT and especially the MAF. Meth kills MAF sensors and IAT readings will not account for meth so you can’t add safety parameter into your tune in case meth breaks.

stevieturbo 12-25-2018 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chucklee (Post 20020764)

i don’t hear anyone saying it’s good to put nozzles past the IAT and especially the MAF. Meth kills MAF sensors and IAT readings will not account for meth so you can’t add safety parameter into your tune in case meth breaks.

You do not have a MAF sensor there or anywhere where I'm talking about. So irrelevant. IAT sensors are also pretty slow, so a poor failsafe, although better than none.
And just because you run meth, doesnt mean your IAT's are always high anyway ( ie without the meth ), so again another reason why it can be a poor failsafe method.