Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Cylinders 3 and 5 running leaner than the rest.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, so I had them cleaned...installed them on Saturday. The motor is running much more smoothly. Pretty rich at WOT though...I'm thinking those injectors had been gumming up slowly for a while now.

At any rate, I stuck my endoscope through one of the injector bores on the Vic Jr...the backs of the intake valves looked the same way. Covered in gunk. I'm hoping a tank of 91 will clean them off...but I'll be pulling the motor in a few months to have it freshened anyway. Also planning on upgrading to 1/2" head studs. I know there's nothing that can be done about blow by when it comes to loose rings, other than a vacuum pump...but I'm curious to know how much of this gunk is from the valve seals and guides.

The motor has always "steamed" through the breather catch can since it was new....I've just attributed it to the ring gap.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Get some CRC GDI cleaner and READ the instructions. It will clean the intake and valve like new. I couldn't believe how clean everything was after using it. The intake was caked with thick oily burnt on crust along with the valves.