Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

OEM plus

Old 12-30-2018, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default OEM plus

Is there an OEM plus style fuel pump upgrade for the 4th gen fbody? I went from stock to a racetronix 340 with hotwire kit and it only lasted a couple months. The stock pump was still working when removed but I need to upgrade fuel supply so replacing with a stock pump will not work.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was this a dumb question?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, but call WS6store to see if there is a good alternative.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
No, but call WS6store to see if there is a good alternative.
that is who I called first. They want to swap it out and replace it under warranty which is awesome... but I don't want to have to pay for another tow, drain the tank, jack the car up, disconnect the fuel lines, take the rear wheels off, unbolt the shocks, lower the rear end, disconnect the fuel pump wiring, unbolt abd remove the watts link, remove the back half of the exhaust, remove the heat shields, unbolt the plastic fender liner, unbolt the fuel neck from the body, unbolt the tank while balancing it on my knee, lower the tank, remove the lock ring, pull the fuel pump assembly out without damaging the fuel level sender, disconnect the fuel pump, clean the inside of the tank, then repeat this process again to install it knowing the same type of pump that was in it before only lasted a couple months. Never figured out why it failed only assuming why.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is the car extremely nice or something? Just cut the trap door and be done with it.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drj8787 View Post
Is the car extremely nice or something? Just cut the trap door and be done with it.
yes, the car is extremely nice which is why I didn't do one when I had the tank out the last time, but this time I'm considering it

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: