Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel line/ routing for swap

Old 04-21-2019, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Fuel line/ routing for swap

I am going to be swapping a 5.3 with a TBSS intake into my 65 nova 4dr. Tanks inc makes a new fuel tank with the pump and everything. I was planning on mounting a corvette filter/regulator about a foot away from the tank and running the feed and return with braided stainless hose. From there I planned to run nylon fuel line up to the front.

How do I make the transition to braided up front to hook up to the fuel rail? Do I just switch to braided before it comes into the engine compartment and then run a 3-4ft braided line up to the rail? I know I can't bolt anything to the firewall for track rules so I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing it. Any pictures or an ice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-22-2019, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

You could take the braided line down to a small angle or straight bracket mounted on the frame and use a straight or 90 degree bulkhead connector for the transition. On the one side from the bulkhead to the engine, use braided. On the back side, use a -6 or -8 an connector to a barb and connect your nylon line to the barb.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joyridin'
You could take the braided line down to a small angle or straight bracket mounted on the frame and use a straight or 90 degree bulkhead connector for the transition. On the one side from the bulkhead to the engine, use braided. On the back side, use a -6 or -8 an connector to a barb and connect your nylon line to the barb.
Gotcha. So maybe I will make the transition from hard line to braided down on the frame rail with a clamp and then run it up behind the engine and into the frame rail with braided.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess another question is whether I need a flex line at all? Can I run now on fuel line all the way up to the rail and just leave a little bit of extra slack for engine movement?
Old 04-26-2019, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

You might be better off doing it closer tot he factory way, which is run a flex line from the frame to the block somewhere and hard line it to the rail. Usually the flex line is down low at the level of the motor mounts to avoid all the back and forth movement of the engine.

It probably does not matter.

Search this Thread