LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Fueling & Injection (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection-8/)
-   -   Confused on Dual fuel pumps (https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1918867-confused-dual-fuel-pumps.html)

The Outlaw Kid 04-21-2019 02:40 PM

Confused on Dual fuel pumps

I’ve been reading about dual pumps and I’ve confused my self. I keep reading about a hobbs switch and having a second pump come on when the psi drops . I just read something that said that is due to the factory regulator. Nothing about my set up will be factoring from the lines to the engine. Can I just run twin pumps with a hot wire kit and run them both at the same time using AN feed line AN return line and an aftermarket regulator at the rails? Do I have to have a return line with an aftermarket regulator at the rail?

Drj8787 04-21-2019 10:22 PM

Run a return off the reg to the tank. The hobs switch is for boost, not pressure loss. But I guess it could be looked at that way from a different perspective. Do you have a turbo or supercharger? Why do you need dual pump?

The Outlaw Kid 04-22-2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Drj8787 (Post 20084293)
Run a return off the reg to the tank. The hobs switch is for boost, not pressure loss. But I guess it could be looked at that way from a different perspective. Do you have a turbo or supercharger? Why do you need dual pump?

ok makes sense. Building a forged 370 LS3 heads plan to use a big shot of nitrous on it at the moment. But boost may be in the near future. Been looking into what pump to run and for the power level I’m shooting it seems like dual pumps is the way to go.

stevieturbo 04-26-2019 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Outlaw Kid (Post 20084078)
I’ve been reading about dual pumps and I’ve confused my self. I keep reading about a hobbs switch and having a second pump come on when the psi drops . I just read something that said that is due to the factory regulator. Nothing about my set up will be factoring from the lines to the engine. Can I just run twin pumps with a hot wire kit and run them both at the same time using AN feed line AN return line and an aftermarket regulator at the rails? Do I have to have a return line with an aftermarket regulator at the rail?

Yes you can. Simple is good..

There are dead end PWM controlled systems available for no regulator...but that is not simple.

So yes, just run a regulator close to the rails/engine, and a return line. It works...every time. It's simple.

Floorman279 04-26-2019 06:26 PM

not 100% certain how it works, but i bought the lonnies doubles. he told me that since im N/A i can set it up to come on at a given rpm. so if i know im maxing out 1 pump at 6500, ill just have the other one kick on at 6300 or so. unsure how to do that tho since im not at that point of modding yet