Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I'm ready to get yelled at. Help with FIC 1650

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm ready to get yelled at. Help with FIC 1650

Trying to get the truck ready to turbo, I found a good deal on some cleaned and inspected fuel injector connection 1650s. I uploaded the data in there, and someone suggested cutting the minimum fuel milligrams in transient. Truck just idles pig rich. Its got a 4.8 with a 220/224 cam in it. Has rails with a fpr on it. PSI is set to 43.5. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. Truck had a solid tune in it on stock injectors, ve table was within 5%, no knock, good timing. Any help would be appreciated getting these fuel injectors lined out.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Your pressure should be at 58psi.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooper Smith
Trying to get the truck ready to turbo, I found a good deal on some cleaned and inspected fuel injector connection 1650s. I uploaded the data in there, and someone suggested cutting the minimum fuel milligrams in transient. Truck just idles pig rich. Its got a 4.8 with a 220/224 cam in it. Has rails with a fpr on it. PSI is set to 43.5. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. Truck had a solid tune in it on stock injectors, ve table was within 5%, no knock, good timing. Any help would be appreciated getting these fuel injectors lined out.
nothing wrong with 43.5psi. As you already know raising the base pressure to 58is just going to make problems worse.
This video may help but you might have already done this.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Teching In

So I have lowered and lowered and lowered the ve table. At these numbers it still idles at high 12s, and one number lower it jumps to 18 on the wideband........

Odd thing though is if I go lower on the minimum fuel than .007 in the transient tab it destabilizes. As in one bank goes rich about 7 percent and the other side lean about 10 percent which is funny because it makes my PID read about right lol. So, where do I go from here? I even tried raising my idle to 900 to see if I could get it to stabilize.

I just don't understand it because the STFT are able to lean it out to stoich, but I physically cannot command it to.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Also, heres my current attempt at a tune.
Attached Files
Old 04-28-2019, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooper Smith
So I have lowered and lowered and lowered the ve table. At these numbers it still idles at high 12s, and one number lower it jumps to 18 on the wideband........

Odd thing though is if I go lower on the minimum fuel than .007 in the transient tab it destabilizes. As in one bank goes rich about 7 percent and the other side lean about 10 percent which is funny because it makes my PID read about right lol. So, where do I go from here? I even tried raising my idle to 900 to see if I could get it to stabilize.

I just don't understand it because the STFT are able to lean it out to stoich, but I physically cannot command it to.
Shouldn’t need to mess with transient that’s going to change tip in or letting off the throttle. What you need to change with be under fuel>general. Watch the video I posted a min ago and try out what they are saying to do.