Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 fuel rail w/ f-body fuel connection compatible?

Old 04-28-2019, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Default LS2 fuel rail w/ f-body fuel connection compatible?

I just installed an LS2 fuel rail / LS3 intake on my 2000 formula. When I try to connect the stock fuel line quick connect it doesn't snap on. I can pull it back off.

Aren't these compatible? What could be the issue?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2019, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Does it go past the lip on the tube? You might not be pushing it on hard enough.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Teching In

^^^ Yeah, try lubing the fuel line with a little dielectric grease, or lacking that, engine oil.
Sometimes those O-rings in the quick connect fitting get dry, and really hard to push on.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys. I put some motor oil on there and it slipped on. I wasn't pushing too hard but I think the o-ring probably dried out. The car was sitting for quite a while.

I bought a ly6 short block and originally planned to go w/ cathedral heads but ended up going w/ ls3 heads. Hopefully it runs w/o issues. Took it apart to gap rings and change the reluctor wheel and then reassembled it myself. Put in a turbo cam, springs, etc. I have my fingers crossed. Turbo motor w/o the turbos.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: