Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Injector Extender

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel Injector Extender

Here's the skinny. Using a 97-98 Fuel Rail, Mamo Ported LS2 Manifold, Bosch 95lb Injectors w/extenders on injector to bring them to LS1 spec length (car previously had aftermarket rails and a FAST 102). I don't need critiquing on the new setup, it's what I am using, so please look past that. What I am wondering is, rather than trying to either tweak the early LS1 rail to fit the LS2 manifold......I need about 8mm of height. Can I use a second short extension (around 12mm) to bring the rails up for clearance? I'd essentially have two different sized injector hat extensions piggybacked. Not sure if that's asking for trouble or not, hence my asking here.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Not familiar with extenders. I would think it would be OK if there was no issue with leakage, or becoming a little rickety because of 2 extenders being stacked. Those would be the issues if any as far as I can tell
Old 05-27-2019, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Not familiar with extenders. I would think it would be OK if there was no issue with leakage, or becoming a little rickety because of 2 extenders being stacked. Those would be the issues if any as far as I can tell
Essentially I'd be using a short and a long adapter (available all over the place due to injector changes over the years) together to give a little extended height over the typical LS1 injector height.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

You can buy them in various lengths.

Just buy what you need.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You can buy them in various lengths.

Just buy what you need.
Thank you, I actually just did that, with minor reservations. The 97-98 Vette rail has a very small pinhole of an opening in the hat that's offset, and my concern was bottoming out a taller adapter and choking the fuel flow, since none of the longer ones seem to have a shoulder. But I'm hoping to compensate for that with a slightly oversized standoff since I'll have to make those anyway to mount the rail.