Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

M5 race fuel 700+ N/A to the wheels 🤔

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default M5 race fuel 700+ N/A to the wheels 🤔

Was up guys I知 in the process of converting my truck to run M5 when doing grudge racing and e85 when just cruising or want to race for fun anyways what you guys think this is my set up will be N/A trying to see if I can break Into the 700+ all motor to the wheels!

*****Same set up on pump E85 she put down 607 N/A to the wheels compression was at 11.8:1*******

419 stroker compression should be at 14:1.1
m311 heads from FED
holley high ram (port match runners to heads)
112mm throttle body from Kong

Any tips? Or pros cons ? Or something??? also if the E I知 going to be using won稚 cut it Bcs if my compression I will be using E98 but hopefully not! Lol

im exited to see what she puts down there痴 not alot of INFORMATION out there so I was just curious to see what to expect! I知 waiting on my stall so I can put her together 🙏

anybody have done something similar ???

Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I run race gas, M1, and pump E85. 14 to 1 408.
I changed O2 sensor, fuel filters,fuel regulator and went to a brushless 6 GPM pump to run M1. Also make sure you dont have any exposed aluminum like a fuel cell. Had a few orings give me a hard time but I replaced most the orings to methanol friendly.
I had an injector get a little grumby also. I took them out and cleaned them. I dont leave Methanol in for more than a week at a time. I flush with race gas when parking for a while.
All the different fuels require a vastly diffent tune.
Going from Pump E85 to M1 netted my roughly a tenth. No difference in HP on the dyno. I love methanol and will continue to use it even tho its kind of a pain.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Nice build!

There is an extra hole in the hood hinge called the "service position". Reattach the black part of both hinges in that hole and it will hold the hood in the vertical position... then you can get rid of the prop stick

Quick Reply: M5 race fuel 700+ N/A to the wheels 🤔